Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because GF playing his mother is redonkulous.

Ugh...if that's MAB's "inspired" role from Oprah, GF needs to sue. It's a horrible role, and GF looks ridiculous trying to channel Joan Crawford.

• Members

I thought it was just me who though GF was flirting with her own son.

I am not feeling old ass Katherine. She had no right doing what she did.

I agree I love seeing the Abbotts front and center. A nice break from the dulls of the Newman hour.

Looks like jack is going to get Jabot back I can't wait.

A very good epiode today.

• Members

The arrogant prick-ness that is Nick just boils my bunny. Why, for the love of Christ, would any woman want that whining, waffling, son-of-a-bastard mental midget is beyond me.

And honestly, if Maura wasn't fired, Nick and Diane would be at "true love" in about three months. This is a classic "I hate to love you" relationship.

• Members

Money. That's really all he has to offer. Yeah, he doesn't look bad, but his attitude wouldn't be worth putting up with, unless there are several million dollars behind it.

Kaye is making me angry too. The way she is treating Ashley and Sofia is obnoxious. I hope they team up and get Jabot away from her.

• Members

OMG! Phyllis is such a psycho! I have to give props to TIIC for this because they are finally writing Phyllis again as she truly is -- a pyschotic, unstable, evil, selfish fool who nobody in their right mind would ever want to be involved with. When she screamed in Daniel's face, she made that Daisy creature look sane by comparison. By revisting that Daniel-Phyllis mother-son dynamic, Michael Grazadei has stepped up and Daniel is becoming relevant again. I *loved* how he stood his ground, even with Phyllis covering him with anger-spittle (as opposed to the "joke-spittle" which VR can attest to).

And Lauren's words to Phyllis were The Awesome -- I only wish she had followed them up with two slaps and a punch. Seriously. What judge in their right mind would hand that cute baby over to two red-haired psychopath monsters?

• Members

I can't get over how bad Genie's acting is. I've only seen up to Friday's episode and she is dreadful. Campy in the wrong way and seems desperately trying to be bad, but comes off cheesy. I was hoping she'd be a Donna Mills-esque good girl gone bad, but no luck. I just wonder how long it'll take them to realize the mistake. I mean, poor Colin has been ruined for this story as well and he was the best thing about the cattle rustling storyline. Losing Colin/Jill will be a blow.

• Members

My guess is the only reason Colin and Jill were together this long (mostly offcamera of course) was because they had no real plans for Colin. As soon as they want to move a character up, he spits on Jill, as happened with the hideous Tucker.

• Members

I can't really concentrate on her acting when they have that ANNOYING mandolin music playing loudly over every one of her scenes. Couldn't they locate a boing-boing didgeridoo for The Atkinson Family theme tune?

• Members

It's obvious she's trying too hard to be villainous. Genivive (and it just hit me that it's a play on Genie's name...duh!) There's just no way to believe Gen's calm, cool and devious, no matter how many "look how smart I am" moments we're told about.

Archived