Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It seems more and more like ABC has lost faith in the show. I haven't, but I hope that with the introduction of Gina Torres, the show picks up with an interesting villain. Tommy Flanigan's character came ad went wayyyyyyy too soon. His arc should have carried the action for at least two or three more episodes. If they o go off the air, I have 2 wishes

Justin Hartley returns and bangs the snot out of Nolan in Victoria's bed!wink.pngwink.pngwhistling.jpg .

Emily and Jack reunite, while Hallisay's boring *ss (though beautiful) gets tossed of a very steep clifftongue.pngtongue.png !

• Members

No, I'm glad that the Malcolm Black stuff is over with, it wasn't very promising to begin with. David Clark's re-entrance was botched, the only milage that they could've gotten with that was the Victoria/Amanda mouse game angle, and even then there was a ticking time clock with that - viewers aren't going to stick around in this climate with stupid or infuriating writing just to drag things out, which we touched upon up thread a few weeks back.

The problem with this season is there has been so very little that has actually worked in regards to story. The new cop has completely failed by my account to provide fresh story opportunities, and now that David is alive, and he has reunited with Emily her story has pretty much been wrapped up so everything around the show has been decentralized. Killing Daniel has turned Victoria into a martyr which means you lose one of the most interesting and head strong villains of the entire series. There is no further investment in Victoria vs. Emily, which the show heavily built up for nearly 4 seasons. Nolan and his conquests have never been strong enough to withstand heavy focus or plot, so even though Louise is interesting, I don't believe she will hold her luster for very long. Jack loses his relevance with every passing episode, so on and so on for everyone else on the canvas.

I still think killing off Daniel was a poor move, some potential could have been mined there. I would say the only characters that have some potential to liven up the season are Margo's current story and Charlotte's possible re-entrance. Otherwise the show feels dead in the water.

Edited by Skin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Up to date and... I'm worried about what the remaining 9 episodes will be about. I do have to say though―it's a very entertaining season so far.

Charlotte's exit was very welcome; Daniel's wasn't. Louise shows a lot of promise and she's fun, while Margaux needs to exit ASAP.

I'm on the fence as far as Jack is concerned, he's usually boring for me. I would've loved to see Emily and Daniel end up together in the end.

We'll see what they do with David next. I'm not really sure if I liked his story or not. And yes, the new cop we could all do without.

Emily and Victoria remain the best part of the show.

• Members

They lost me this season. Revenge is the perfect example of these high stakes dramas on [network] TV nowadays, where the main mystery at the onset of the series should be wrapped up and resolved within 1-2 seasons and the show should end altogether.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I dumped this show mid S1 because it was a convoluted hot mess, and why anyone would cast EVC long term in a lead role is completely beyond me! I tuned back in to see Tommy Flanagan a few weeks ago. Absolute garbage. Then, I thought I'd give it another try to see Gina Torres mix it up with the cast. Laurence, come gitcho wife, please!!!!! I hardly recognized the cast, and Madeline Stowe still believe she's in the league of Joan Collins. Laughable!

All of this sh!t with Emily over the last few years - one person to destroy after the other only to have her father alive? Yeah, so don't gaf! But someone please let me know if Torres' character and Clark his the sheets. Mad chem there!

• Members

Gina Torres is the main reason I love Suits. She is just going to be wasted here(haven't watched last night yet, but I can only imagine how they'll wreck her here. ITA about Stowe... she is not even in the same atmosphere as JC. She needs to stop pretending she could come even close!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Personally, Season 4 has been a good ride for me, so I can't agree with any of the comments, but I do understand where you're coming from.

I hope it ends with this seasons, and I'll remember it as a good show that got lost in Season 2, but otherwise provided me with good fun.