Good Christian Belles: Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I take it you didn't listen to theinterview. The claim (and I do think it very well is probably a claim though they sound sincere) is the writers wanted a completely different title in the first place as the show is so different from the novel but ABC used the title they suspect to drum up controversy--and no they don't seem to like GCB much either.

• Members

The interview actually made me wanna see it more but each new ad makes me less--in the interview they make it sound like the characters aren't caricatures and he wanted to do something closer to his work on Steel Magnolias and show that every character has faults as well as good quality, but I really don't get that sense from what I've seen (which may just be how ABC is marketing it--I can't view that Yahoo link being in Canada and haven't bothered looking elsewhere)

• Members

I didn't love the pilot (maybe because its the one mid-season show I was really, really waiting to catch) thus far I don't like Amanda, her daughter and my glorious KCheno (just a smidge). Here's hoping that'll change.

Also, if you have iTunes the pilot is available for free!

• Members

It was good! It didn't blow me away but that opening was a great way to start and it was a lot of fun. Like I've said before, there is some serious hunkage going on the show, which only adds to the fun of the four women. And a great surprise to have a man like Blake turn out to be gay! I am so tired of cliche, ultra feminine gay characters being 95% of the representation. I hope they actually give Blake and Booth stuff to do.

It got more and more interesting as it went on. By the time the episode was over, I was excited for episode 2.

• Members

I love them good christian bitches! What a great pilot. Its like season 1 DH with a twist

What was Vanessa Marcil doing on here? LOL

I didnt notice until he referred to that other guy as studly. I wondered for a moment if thats just how they talk in Texas but that was highly suspect for me...lol

Archived