Good Christian Belles: Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is another case of a network trying to be shocking and daring and then backpedalling furiously. My guess is that pressure groups hit the roof about the word "Christian" being in the title at all

Every title gets worse, but at least now it doesn't sound like an expose of Lauralee Bell.

• Members

It is GHB.

I actually have hope for this--the creator/headwriter is playwright Robert Harling who wrote Steel Magnolias, as well as, for movies, Soapdish (and First Wives Club which I dislike but many love). Of course ABC has had bad results with award winning playwrights before (Baitz left his creation Brothers and Sisters after they dictated and forced too much story and even full characters (asking for "a young blonde female), on him, of course he'll probably win the Pulitzer and Tony for his current play Other Desert Cities, and Craig Wright, who does have a Pulitzer already for his theatre work, said that working on his show Dirty Sexy Money was the all time most frustrating job of his life, due to ABC interference), but...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Do those morons seriously think them sending letters is why ABC decided to air this show midseason? laugh.png As for the gossiping, everyone in my church gossips so I guess I can relate. I don't see how it makes Christians look bad when just about everyone is guilty of it. Christians aren't perfect. A married couple having sex is wrong? unsure.png

Whatever, I hope the controversy drives up the ratings. Can't wait for this show!

• Members

I'll definitely watch the first episode although I don't have high hopes. We'll see.

GCB as a name is such a stupid move. When they aired the commercial during the Oscars, my friends had no idea what it stood for. However, when I explained, they laughed and thought that was good reason to check it out. So, epic fail.

• Members

The ads are off putting I admit but I think it has some potential. There was a funny interview with the creator and Annie Potts on Canadian radio where they spent a good deal going on about how they are NOT anti religious and how ridiculous it was for the show to be condemned by groups without seeing it (i do agree with that point). You can hear it at the 30 minute mark on the Feb 29 episode here http://www.cbc.ca/q/episodes/ (it's a 30 minute interview).

Archived