Good Christian Belles: Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no shame and guilt at all, and I am not offended in the slightest by the series. I simply find it very shallow, not the least bit interesting, and actually rather stupid. Perhaps you have issues with the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinion, a sure sign of insecurity.

Yes, GCB DOES show a very real side of organized religion, but sadly it does so in the most obvious, juvenile manner. Sorry, but I am man enough to state what I feel, rather than simply regurgitate the popular opinion. Funny how agreeing with every other poster is fine, but say one thing to go against the "majority" opinion, and people resort to insults and name calling.

You carry on, young man, and do not worry about me. I have been around far longer than you and have a much thicker skin.

• Members

My question is why are you even here if you don't like the program. there's like a million "discussion threads" about different topics on here. just go to one you like and type there. who needs someone who's going to waste their own time by focussing on something they obviously don't like. spurring negitive energy that nobody else needs to deal with. You've said what you came here to say. Don't like it...don't watch it. very simple.

• Members

I've realized that what I like most about this show is that it's not nearly as quirky as the ads would have you think it is (a definite plus) and there is some strong characterization for the women. You get the sense they're peeling off the layers. I hope that continues.

• Members

Good episode. Cricket and Blake are very interesting; I love the "arrangement" they have and that they're actually happy with one another. I don't believe we've seen a marriage like this one before on TV.

I'm not sure if this while Ripp/Bill thing makes sense. So, they think he may still be alive... so what? Unless he actually is, which I guess would be interesting. Anyway, Ripp should just be naked all the time.

Sharon shined today. What a great actress playing her!

Loved Amanda's arc about dealing with Bill's betrayal as well. Although it's getting tiring how her mother keeps pushing and then learning a lesson on each episode.

• Members

That i'll always agree with. I loved those first scenes in this episode.

I didn't like this episode as much as the others. I did like Cricket and Blake. I didn't know she had the money. It was nice to know that she chose to be with him because at first i thought she had settled into a life with him because of Amanda's treatment of her in high school. Now we know she had other men proposing to her and she chose to be with Blake.

I still really hope this gets picked up in September to be DH's replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've tried watching some of this, and while I appreciate the idea of a spoof with some heart, I wish it was not so clumsy. The situation with Blake and Cricket is interesting, and there are some moments where Cricket is hilarious and so true to life (like her refusal to get a donor who isn't in Texas). Then you have "funny" scenes like the two of them gasping and saying they need water and so on, which look like a bad student film. With Blake you can always see the actor hamming it up.

• Members

Wish we could be free of Leslie Bobby, but Amanda's the central character so we're stuck with her:( However, I say we break even and get Marisol Nichols the hell off the show.

Love Cricket! She's my favorite and Cheno as Carlene fascinates me from week to week.

ANDREA

Archived