Good Christian Belles: Discussion Thread

• Members

Scotty in the first season of Brothers & Sisters was very femme (which was used as an issue early on, as he claimed Kevin was self-loathing and straight-acting, and all the rest). They toned that down over time.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you remember Kevin's Scotty did start out being "queeny" in his first episode. Remember he had funny hair and brought cupcakes to Nora's party and was just a little off. I actually didn't even like him in the begining but then when they paired him with Kevin, they made him more real and i really liked him. I loved his name: Scotty Wandell and his father's name was Wally Wandell. LOL I think the show won some awards in the GLAAD award shows. They took Kevin from a single guy who never had a serious relationship to marrying Scotty and eventually having children. I wish the show went one more season just to show more of the Kevin/Scotty relationship. I also loved Uncle Saul who came out much later in life after trying to hide himself for years then he got into his own serious relationship.

• Members

True - I guess I see that in Season 1 of Scotty. But remember Kevin's other boyfriends? The closeted actor, the priest (Rob Lowe's brother), etc... and Kevin himself. They were all just non-flaming gays, some closeted, right there in the same timeslot on ABC.

• Members

The revelation that Cricket has known about Blake was great--it was done in such a subtle, poignant way. It really humanized Cricket. And I can't complain about those abs. Got, he's a great piece of man. Although this whole thing about breaking up with Booth doesn't make sense; why would he do that? I'm afraid this is going to get backburned from now on.

The episode was generally great. It's not even close to as Desperate Housewivesy as they want us to believe--and that's a good thing.

Leslie Bibb's casting is great; you can totally believe in both her good and bitchy sides. Her mother/daughter relationship is so wonderfully complicated.

Carlene is just marvelous. And Ripp... well, what can I say.

Still not too crazy about Sharon. But I'll wait until they reveal more.

• Members

It was their very last scene... he said he isn't with Booth anymore (in a vague way), and she said he is a fool just after Blake took off his shirt *YUM*... and then she said she married him all those years ago knowing 'who he is'... then they showed Blake getting into his side of the bed which was basically on the other side of the room --- that bed must have been two Kings pushed together. Anyway the exaggeration implied they didn't even want to touch each other at nights.

I thought this episode was even more hilarious. Chenowith is just hilarious to me - LOVE HER. Same with Annie Potts.

• Members

I love that Cricket didn't have a big soap opera "A-ha" moment. She always knew and accepted it. I'm hoping he gets a new "formen" fast or Booth comes back.

I loved Carlene singing "Jesus take the wheel" it was so funny considering how the show started.

I even like this episode better than the first. lets hope it keeps getting better. I guess i didn't look before but i'm glad Darren Star is one of the producers because he did Melrose Place, 90210 and Sex and the City and knows how to have sexy scenes woven into plots. I really liked all those shows. He's like a modern day Aaron Spelling. I am confidence it will be on for a full season in September with him at the helm.

• Members

The analogy to Aaron Spelling is perfection. Like Spellings "dramas", GCB is full of shallow, unsympathetic characters, hoary writing, and over the top, campy performances. I could not find one thing to like about it. To me, it is just empty nonsense and not the least bit entertaining. Annie Potts was wonderful in Designing Women, but is an epic fail in this series. Also, I suppose Darren Star is completely unaware that the audience should actually care about the characters. I have no compassion for any of them. This series comes across as an extended sitcom, not a dramedy.

Archived