Good Christian Belles: Discussion Thread

• Members
It didn't come across as if they were really friends. She tried not to get on Amanda's bad side as to not make an enemy out of her. I'm guessing she did a lot of sucking up and any "friendship" they had was purely superficial with neither really caring that much for the other

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually this week I only watched the end of DH because my sole focuss was on watching this new show. I think it has a great cast. I've loved Annie Potts ever since she was on Designing Women...still collecting the seasons on DVD. David James Elliott is also someone i like so him being an oversexed Texin sealed it for me. and having a character name like Ripp Cockburn, i wouldn't expect anything less.

and i'm also happy that other guy turned out to be gay. I always thought there was something about him, i thought maybe he was the guy who was sending gifts to Amanda. Smart having her last name "Vaughn" considering that's Greg Vaugh's last name. I saw Marisol in a serise a few summers ago called "swingtown" as a 1970's housewife so this is a kick to see her in stylish updated clothes.

I'm going to keep watching even though it's only 10 episodes tyhis time around. I hope it gets a second chance by putting it on DH's old timeslot. What else does this channel really have on sundays. Besides DH, nothing else really stuck except Brothers & Sisters but they threw that away after five good seasons like a bad habit.

I know it was a long time ago but i hope this turns into another 'Cheers.' When Cheers started in 1982, it was the lowest rated show for the network (NBC) but because it had nothing else, they kept it for a second season and it started to gain praise. By the 200th episode, it was the number one show in America. and by the time it ended after 11 seasons, it had a huge almost cult following and i don't think it's ever been out of reruns on some station in the past 19 years since it went off in 1993. and all the seasons are now out on DVD.

• Members

LOL I have no idea why I put that in quotes--it wasn't meant to be a snarky comment about someone else's comment, but it does come off that way. I dunno, I guess you're right. My point I suppose more was the fact that he was married but seemed fairly obviously gay in other ways (fashion designer, etc)--we've yet to see how the story plays out (it seems odd that he wouldn't be more guarded when he's with his ranch hand--who by the way wasn't a very good date for the lead character, did we even see them together at the fair thing?--that someone notices them grabbing each other under the table within five minutes).

• Members

Oh, and this is a good show by the way. I do have one minor quibble: I hope there are some overarching story arcs planned in future episodes. I think this show would work best if they had something more than just Amanda vs. The Bitches to work with.

• Members

No I was unclear, Didn't they make a point that Blake got Booth to go as Amanda's date? He even said he'd pick her up. Yet we never really saw her with him at all at the fair.

In that CBC interview I linked, the writer said each episode would be based on a quote from the bible (ie though shall not covet thy neighbour or whatever lol--obviously I don't know my bible). But I hope so too.

• Members

Well they do if they play their cards right. They have the homosexual couple and i have a feeling Amanda could just blurt it out to Heather in the middle of a fight. they have Ripp who could easily stray from his wife if he's as oversexed as he is protrayed in the first episode. there is a lot of possiblities. We just have to see if it will last after the original 10 episodes.

• Members

The first time I saw Blake - I thought he was way too hot to be paired with Cricket (I love that name btw), as she is the least attractive (to me). Now it makes sense - he's gay! Being from Texas, this is awesome because there are TONS of guys like Blake down here.

Also, if you look at what used to be in the same very timeslot, you'll notice the same type of 'gays' (i.e. not queeny/fashion/etc) --- Remember Brothers & Sisters? All the gay guys on that show were 'studly' and not at all the stereotypical gays. Remember Kevin and all of his boyfriends? Not one of them was queeny or into fashion.

Anyway, really loved the show --- Annie Potts is so hilarious to me. Girl has had some WORK done though - she barely looks like Annie Potts.

Archived