AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The collector posting these screen shots on Facebook sells soap episodes, but he has answered questions in the Facebook group claiming that these particular eps are NOT for sale. Since he's not going to share them with the community, I have to wonder why he even posts the pictures on-line. He should know it's likely to cause bad feelings.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I used to trade videotapes and DVDs all the time, and you'd be surprised at how indignant some people would get when I asked them to reimburse me for the cost of shipping (which was very expensive to the USA from Canada). I had a large box of tapes ready to go, one time, and the post office told me it would cost $40.00+ dollars (including air-mail postage and insurance, which the receiver wanted.) When I asked if he could reimburse me via Paypal, he accused me of "ripping him off," regardless of the fact that I had not even asked him to pay for the blank tapes or any labor. There were 59 episodes there, culled from Beta and VHS, which took forever to dub. All I wanted was the cost of shipping. I told the guy that he'd SEE the postage stamp for himself when the package arrived, and he could verify the exact cost, but he threw a fit, anyway. I told him to forget the whole transaction; that I was sure I'd eventually find someone else willing to take the cassettes. And I did.

• Members

I thought Nina #2 was too frenetic in her portrayal of the character during the Zach Greyson murder case, until I watched Nina #3. 

By 1985 they needed to use establishing shots of the actress's 8X10 to remind the audience that this is supposed to be Nina because not only is she not blonde, but she's no longer smart, and she's lost her mind.  She's in one of the weird sanitariums that only exist in soaps where the staff is mildly malevolent, but everyone wears their normal clothes, and they continue to get their hair and makeup done.

The introduction of the Chandlers is the only good part of this era.

Edited by j swift

• Members

@danfling From reading the wiki it looks like Nina #3 is introduced when Nina goes to the asylum after almost shooting Donna, she sticks around for less than a year, then she and Daisy take off on a cruise and Nina #1 returns.

But, was there any transition between Nina #1 and Nina#2 or did she just appear one day with the traditional voice over to announce her recast?

• Members

I try to sing a little jingle in my head, "Thanks for the tags, VF!" but it keeps sounding like "Thanks for the memories."

And how in the hell did this go on for this long & stay out of the news?! Do the experts think it is bad to feed these monsters with attention?

• Members

I hope this is the correct thread to ask this: AMC had over 10 000 episodes yet according to IMDB Susan Lucci only appeared in about 1500 episodes. Considering she was on the show its entire run and was the biggest star, that seems quite a low number of episodes. Is this episode count correct?