Is ABC Preparing to Cancel AMC and OLTL?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope this doesn't happen. But I have thought for a while now that they would both go at the same time. The days of staggering out cancellations for fear of alienating viewers are pretty much gone.

The worst part if these new shows will probably be sh!t.

• Members

This would be a very dicey move. Most of the AMC and OLTL viewers spill over to GH. If the new shows are total flops, GH, could be in huge trouble, especially without the Oprah factor. And poor Agnes...I'd imagine that this would be heartbreaking...to have her two babies, the two shows closest to her heart, cancelled on the same day. WOw.

• Members

I've been saying for weeks there wasn't anything to say OLTL was safe, but then, there's my blinders. I also theorized SEVERAL times that ABC Daytime might give them both pink-slips at the same time. With AMC getting 6 months to a year and OLTL getting 6 more months. Hmmm.

It's also April Fools day. I dunno if TV Guide would pull that, but...

• Members

I think they believe GH is its own brand and that this means more money will go to GH. I think that it will probably hurt GH in the long run but then GH is so dessicated that nothing will help anyway, aside from new writers and producers, which won't happen.

I thought about Agnes too but I don't think she will be too surprised by this.

Archived