Y&R: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Why does Cain have to be alive?? I swear to GOD the amount of characters that have returned from the dead under this regime: Philip III, Katherine, Adam, Skye, Chance, now Cain, and soon to be Sharon......what gives? Frankly, save Katherine and Sharon, I'd have been fine with all of them staying dead. Yet the ones I'd want back- Brad, Drucilla, and Colleen- we'll never see again.

Yall think maybe Cassie faked her death to bring Nick and Daniel closer and really she was just pregnant with Daniel's kid and too scared to face her family? Or maybe she had a breakdown when she realized she did the exact same thing her mom did with her and didn't want to make the same mistakes?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does he though? I find certain characters attitude to this situation really sexist. If Summer had been raped and decided to give birth would Phylis be pushing this kid on her? Daniel didn't even have that much choice in that matter and yet everyone thinks he needs to deal with this child. It gets my back up. He should have the right to put her up for adoption and never hear about the matter again, the same as a birth mother would.

• Members

What makes it worse is that Giggly KNOWS the couple who've adopted Lucy so it's not like visitation isn't an option for her or Daniel but that's not enough. Instead she wants to put Lucy in danger for nothing.

It's sick.

• Members

That is exactly what's wrong with Phyllis' reasoning in this story. And as I remember it, it's not "everyone" expecting Daniel to raise this baby, it's ONLY Phyllis berating him for "not stepping up" for HIS child. It's complete and utter bullshit for Phyllis to stick her nose in this---it's NOT about her, her past or her having "been separated" from her baby. She wasn't SEPARATED, the bitch LOST custody because she was a vicious, lying skank.

Daniel deciding the baby would be better off raised in a loving home with two parents isn't the same thing. HE'S made the decision. As uninterested as I am in Victoria and Billy, I hope they beat Phyllis in court and NEVER allow her access to Lucy. The bitch be crazy. And by that, I mean only a little less crazy than Daisy.

• Members

Daniel should have a bigger part in this storyline, but it's all about Phyllis, Villy, and Kevin even tried to claim that baby.

With potential parents like that Lucy's going to be screwed up no matter what.

• Members

I think you better start gearing up for your "offensive mode"!! :lol::lol: And I am not going to get into a debate about how she would feel if Summer was raped because she wasn't..so there.

This entire s/l doesn't even seem to be about the fact that Daniel was raped anymore because MAB is such a damn bloody coward to address it...now it is all about everyone running scared sh*tless that Sheila and her motley crew (affectionately known as the "terrorists") are going to make them soil their knickers and boxers. Just the mere mention of them and they all wish they were wearing their Depends. I wish these people would finally grow some UGH!! Oh and let's not forget that it was Daniel who let Daisy go and Jana who was digging for the truth...this is how this all got rolling.

Anyway now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag, and Daniel still doesn't want the "rape baby" (poor child with the stigma)and apparently finds it absolutely ok that his baby was bought on the black market irregardless that it was Villy who bought the little tyke, he needs to STFU. In fact, I hope the judge make him have no say..you know since he didn't want her and all because she is a rape baby. Heck I even agree with him that he is not ready for a child, Lucy is very lucky in that regard. The interesting thing is I think he actually would make a great father.

I am all for Phyllis fighting for her "granddaughter" even if she has to p*ss off the entire Newman/Abbott clan & Daniel to do it. I am sure I will probably have some issues with her methods :lol: but I DO NOT CARE. I want the drama thank you very much. In the end though I think MAB is going to blow this story up w/some twists. But until then, GO PHYLLIS, rah, rah, rah!!!

I would rather watch this than bloody Bo Beep and the little lamb!!

• Members

Keven seems to think Daniel should be handling things differently too and I get the same feeling from Michael when he goes on and on about Daniel not wanting the baby found. Why the hell should he? So I may have been wrong to say "everyone", but it's not just "Phyllis". It's just that Phyllis is the one who is acting really psycho and completely disrespecting the fact that her son was a victim of rape and was given no choice at all in becoming a father. It's all the more inexcusable because she's his mother. She should be respecting the only choice he has left in this situation, not going against it. God, what a f*cking bitch.

• Members

I guess you're right about Kev, but this week he implied he was alright with Billy and Victoria raising her.

Phyllis just needs to STFU. I'd like to think Daniel will earn his stones by standing up to his mother. But I am afraid Phyl will end up being "right" and Daniel will change his mind and end up thanking that bitch for her interference.

Archived