EW: DAYS To Attempt Gay Storyline?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grant married Tiffany for the sake of Courtney, but he never really loved her, and they had a very tumultous relationship.

I don't think either really loved one another. Tiffany just wanted to feel loved, and Grant never got over Sharon leaving him a few years earlier.

Tiffany died when she decided to leave Grant and get away with Courtney, but Frank Butcher hit her with his car...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m19Zer-UPpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Really? How so?

I admit I would love to know more about the different UK soaps. Unfortunately, no matter where I live in this country, I never seem to get a channel (and that's including PBS) that imports British shows, save for old sitcoms and detective series.

• Members

I think you said you're in NYC at the moment Khan? The PBS affliate WLIW 21 airs EastEnders, though it's on a break at the moment.

I think it'll be back in a few weeks. They're currently airing episodes from 2003. I'll PM you or something when it returns to the schedule.

The 2003-2006 era is an era reviled by many fans, but I think there were many highlights from it that often weren't given a fair chance by the UK press.

• Members

I don't get 21, only 13. :-(

Bear in mind, too, I'm a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy, especially when it comes to storytelling. The less innovative you are in telling the story (if not in the subject matter itself), the better. IOW, I want a soap to be just that: a soap. Not a film, and certainly not a primetime series. A soap.

:lol:

Wait, Tony cheated on himself? Say what?

• Members

Sorry. Tony cheated on Simon. I always felt sorry for Simon and Tony always looked like Droopy Dog (of course his father was a leather-clad eye-patch wearing terrorist on Blake's 7 and his sister was a religious fanatic who was hit on by her youth minister, lost her virginity to the local loser while traumatized, then ran away, leading her father to beat the life out of the loser, so...rarely a happy time).

I hope you at least get to see some of Carol Jackson, one of the best soap characters ever.

• Members

Khan, if you are able to watch, I can link you to the 60's and 70's Corrie if you PM me. I think you would love that. The Corrie of today is a nasty, mean-spirited, plot-driven mess which rips off Eastenders over and over.

Archived