EW: DAYS To Attempt Gay Storyline?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I hope that whoever DAYS does it with (Hopefully Will & Chad), they don't dump them a few months later like OLTL did with KISH. After that, I'm going to very cautious about investing into a gay couple. Kish-gate was very heartbreaking & hard for me, I will NOT go through that again.

• Members

It'll be interesting to see how this would play out. I definitely see this as being Will and Chad which has been fans wet dreams since last summer or maybe something else. Perhaps the ambiguously gay duo of Jett Carver and Jeremy Horton are returning? :P Who knows after the Luke/Reid ending maybe Days will be the soap to get a gay story right.

Actually this would get to me start watching the show more regularly again. In the past year I have found Days to be either take it (Buried Alive 2.0, Magic, Caroline's wicked plot) or leave it (Jennifer's heart, never-ending EJ/Sami/Rafe).

• Members

If history is any indicator, any "gay story" on daytime is destined to fail.

It cuts both ways, TPTB are simply not courageous enough to tell a story about homosexuals, and some fans are too desperate for representation that they'll defend even the most weakest and deplorable representation of gay people, just becuase the characters are "gay." :blink:

Archived