Andy Cohen Loves Susan Lucci

Jonathan

• Members

Carl, Wikipedia (which could be wrong) says that Cohen is the Executive VP of Original Programming and Development at Bravo, so he clearly has some say in the matter. In any event, none of the ABC soap fans have ever shown anger at any Bravo executive for refusing to pick-up AMC or OLTL. This wrath is reserved for just Oprah.

One huge irony here is that the Nixon soaps would fare far better on a successful network like Bravo than on a badly struggling network like OWN.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too. He is super adorable. I was shocked when I first found how much power he had at Bravo bc you dont expect to see someone that far upon the totem pole to be so down to earth. What I love is that he is truly a FAN of the show's he produces and you can tell by his enthusiam. When I see him at the reunions and Watch What Happens Live its like watching a fan segment of somebody that won a contest and the prize is they get to interview these personalities. He's kinda cute about it

• Members

If he has so much power at Bravo, then it's even more preplexing that the same people cursing the day Oprah was born (and rooting for OWN to fail) are giving him (and other Bravo executives) a free pass for choosing not to rescue AMC & OLTL.

• Members

I know he has no obligations to AMC or OLTL. Neither does Oprah. I wouldn't be making any issue out of this if it wasn't for this disgusting double standard that exists among ABC soap fans where Oprah is villified and Cohen (and the entire Bravo network) is idolized, even though both made the same decision to not rescue those soaps (and both claim to love Susan Lucci, AMC, and the soap genre). I mean, nobody has ever explained why Oprah has a obligation to save the soaps, either, but that doesn't stop people from trashing her on a daily basis.

Note that I was initially under the impression that Cohen had limited power at Bravo, but it was you who stated otherwise, thus leading me to opine further. If not for your informative comment, I would have dropped the issue.

Ironically, it seems like both people have a lot in common: they are "cute," "adorable," "caring," and "love" Susan Lucci. It just makes no sense why a whole group of individuals is treating each of them in such a drastically different manner.

• Members

tumblr_m30iop1dvr1qmjtzl.gif

Did the people in this thread villify Oprah? Unless they did, I suggest you stop making the comparisons and go ask those who went after Oprah for this. They probably did an online petition which Im sure you can track them down from there. As it stand, this argument has no basis here on SON. I for one love Andy and never attacked and/or expected Oprah to do sh-t for AMC/OLTL, so dont try and use me as an excuse to go back there. DONT.

And Cohen DOES have limited power. I didnt say anything more than you already know. Based on your research that you posted earlier in this thread, he is only the VP of Original Programmingand Development. Guess what? AMC and OLTL are not original programs. Cohen specifically overseas the reality shows, you know all those cheap shows specifically which cast real life personalities to follow their lives/businesses. He has nothing to do with bringing on expensive scripted dramas which have existed for decades bc those are beyond the scope of his responsibilies. So Please, stop trying to derail the thread with cancellation nonsense which has nothing to do with Andy

tumblr_m30wbtV16u1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

• Members

What is the point of bringing this up? You always find a reason to bring AMC and OLTL into the convo and talk about how psycho their fans are and how justified their cancellations were. WE GET IT. These shows were canceled over a year ago and both are dead and gone. Stop bringing them up. Nobody on this board is that pressed about it. So go talk about it on the boards where you claim the psychos are.

Archived