Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Actually from the date my immediate thought could this be the legendary Jacqueline Schultz and Collen Zenk feud?

Heh, I remember reading Morina's tell all interview she certainly did not hold back at all and with her husband still directing Y&R I'm not surprised she didn't get in trouble. Still I suppose she just needed an outlet to vent her various frustrations of working in daytime for what nearly thirty years.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a video from the 1991 Luncheon, Gloria Monty takes some time to talk to the fans about the new direction of the show.

Anyway, she speaks very candidly about the new direction that she was taking GH, about why some of the casting decisions were made, and mentions a smear campaign against her that she calls "ghastly, unproductive, and discouraging"....I remember reading about this, but does anybody know who was specifically responsible or who she thought was responsible? I know she once mentioned that it was some former castmembers and executives, but she never named names.

• Members

Thanks for finding this. Geez that's an awkward video - no wonder John J York looks embarrassed throughout. Who was this Michael person she said she wasn't responsible for getting rid of? Was he the only one she didn't fire?

How long after this was she replaced?

• Members

Thank you for taking the time to find this. I wonder if this is one of those things about not being nice on the way up. Monty seemed very tough in her first GH run - were people waiting for her to fail?

Something I've always been confused about is the relationship with Tristan Rogers. When Tristan left the first time (1986 or 1987) he credited Gloria Monty and didn't seem overly thrilled about her replacement. Yet he then went on to quit in 1992 because of Gloria. What specifically made him change his view? I know Tony Geary supported her to the end, didn't he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Carl

I Think It Was The Way GM Treated Finola Replacing Her After She Got Jack's Place. I Think TR was upset and quit and that was the last straw for ABC they FiredGM and Hired Wendy Riche

• Members

sounds like Susan Seaford Hayes didnt get along with many people at days..but she did admit that in her book..also CC said in an interview that during her run on days she wasnt the easiest person to get along with but if you notice at the book signings she never really sits next to deidre hall or talk to her inthe back ground lol

Archived