Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

She had moved to Connecticut, I believe, and she wanted to be flown in if she was going to stay on the show.

They should have recast Vicky/Marley after she left in 1994. Between the money paid to her and the money JFP burnt through it's a wonder they even had sets in those last few years.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, Carl, for the explanation. I still think it's absurd of her to have made such a demand, though. :-)

Unless, it was one of those "Oh, they'll never agree to this (and I'll be free to turn down their offer)!" demands that actually backfired (for her) when the show actually agreed to it.

• Members

They agreed (to SF's demands, as well as to JB's), because they were desperate. Pure and simple. If ANOTHER WORLD had been in better shape, then maybe - maybe - they would've walked away. However, their ratings were in the toilet, so in their minds, it was worth whatever money it would cost to meet such demands if the end result was granting the show a momentary stay of execution. It's just unfortunate that no one bothered to focus on the show's real problem - meaning, the awful writing - until it was too damn late.

• Members

True. I think in 1998 it was a little more understandable than in 1994, but both were not great ratings years for AW. Of course the last time the show had ratings growth, 95-96, Vicky wasn't even around that much.

I guess AW/P&G/NBC just kept on trying because they assumed a big revamp would always work, either through laziness, or because of the Lemay revamp which had been successful. The most desperate had to be, "Hey, let's have Michael Malone import his bible to a show that is nothing like AW and rip off a few of his own OLTL stories while he's at it."

• Members

Heard That Jackie Courtney and George Reinholt Used To Make Fun Of Actors Acting On AW & That Led To Their Dismissals.

Also Heard GR Was Diva at OLTL thats why he only lasted two years and was replaced

• Members

Kimberlin Brown and John Lindstrom from Port Charles. I don't remember which year it was, but there was some physical pushing between them while they were walking out to present an award on the Soap Opera Digest Awards. He seemed really pissed at her, and she tried to keep her cool. They brushed it off some months/years later randomly in a SOD interiew, but I didn't buy their excuse.

Archived