Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy Hufsey was always a lot more popular with the writers than he was with the fans. There was an enormous Jennifer/Emilio contingent among the writers and producers back in 1989. And for awhile the writing really favored them. At one point Jack was heavily involved with Steve&Kayla's Marina story, and with Isabella's arrival, and was not doing too much with Jennifer. But the fans were adamant and NBC finally gave in.

Even when Jennifer was finally ready to dump him, TPTB insisted on letting him save face by realizing that he loved Melissa, and didn't want Jennifer anymore.

DAYS has always felt that Jack and Jennifer weren't a top notch couple, and that MR/Jennifer could do better. Time and again, the fans forced them to back down. At this point, though, I think the fans have just given up. Why any show would ever want that kind of "victory" is beyond me.

• Members

If Laura Koffman's "case" against JFP/OLTL was as cut and dried as it's been described, why did LK never file any legal action? That never made sense to me. Hunter Tylo sued the late, great mega-producer Aaron Spelling for something similar and won. IMO, it's very strange that LK took no legal action at all.

• Members

I don't think Wendy would return. I think she was fine with the mob being a part of the show, but I remember reading that she was opposed to it becoming the focal point (which is likely where she and Guza butted heads).

• Members

That is just it. Why don't they equally share s/l's GH and MOB. I still think they should dismantle the mob to have many working for Roberts organization. Let Sonny retire but be involved with his kids for more young s/l's. Also Liz and Jason could be a family.

Archived