Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't that the end for Robin on GH (or close)?

Gloria was very lucky that she was allowed creative freedom. JFP is someone who is considered to be demanding and will tell actors what they're doing wrong, and so on, yet she has been sat on by Frons and Guza for most of her run.

• Members

I remember back on the WoST forum years ago someone claiming Susan Lucci was a huge reason behind Megan McTavish's dismissal from AMC in 1995. I am not sure what was said to have irked Lucci so bad that made her throw her weight around, because at the time of Megan's firing ratings were not suffering that bad. In fact, AMC was consistently rating as the #2 soap still. Anyone else heard anything about this? I mean it makes sense.... look at the year Susan Lucci/Erica had in the wake of the Megan/Broderick transition.

• Members

Yeah, I always thought so too.... I have no way of validating what I posted, I just remember it being discussed. Its interesting her weight would have been thrown around then, but not at the time of the unabortion (that we know of). ABC Daytime had been so micromanaged by that point in time, even Lucci's weight might not have made a difference.

• Members

I don't know anything about a smear campaign against Gloria Monty, but what she did to GH with the Eckerts and how she fired the actors en masse was pure hubris and it hurt the show. I will never forgive her destruction of my fave couple at that time Dawn and Decker. First, she brutally killed off Dawn, Guza style and then she sent my beloved Decker away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Anyone find It Weird that Robin Strasser Had major Beef with Jill Farren Phelps At OLTL But Erika Slezak Loved Her?

Erika also made it seem on her TV Legends interview That Linda Gottlieb was not liked when she waas EP at OLTL

Archived