Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

It was SO pretentious! Great call. I was looking for just the right word, and pretentious is it!

Linda Gottlieb was pretty pretentious herself, and I remember she was ultra chic as well. (Which I love)

I think Robin Strasser mentioned that she visited her penthouse and Linda had closets filled with Fendi furs.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it was me who posted that tidbit from Robin's hotline years ago. When she was coming back to the show she visited Linda at her apartment (I later read that Linda lives in a huge duplex at The Beresford, a legendary Upper West Side building on Central Park West). Robin was taken by the enormous style with which Linda had decorated the place. She went on to say that Linda was making the money and she knew how to spend it, coming to work decked out in Fendi furs. I don't think Robin actually peeped her closets. :lol:

Robin's 3-part account of her return to OLTL and near casting as Alex on GL were probably my favorite hotline recordings she ever did.

• Members

Oh boy... I think she started the hotline back in '95 or so? IIRC, she did the recording about her return around '97 because she mentioned Zaslow in her story (it was his idea for her to replace Beverlee) and I'm pretty sure this was well before he'd passed and she'd made a recording dedicated to him.

• Members

I think it was different circumstances. Hunter Tylo's contract with Spelling was very different and Spelling/MP (idiots) tried to justify firing Tylo by explaining the charachter was meant to be sexy/wearing swimsuits, etc. They didn't really deny firing her for being pregnant.

With Laura's case, she had a typical daytime contract. I think the actors can be released from their contracts every 13 weeks. Plus, with Kevin recently being recast, it was clear JFP wanted Laura gone so she could pair her friend Tim Gibbs with some young hotty (I think the character was Grace; had zero chemistry with Gibbs. Was killed off. Gibbs was the worst thing to happen to Kevin/OLTL). Anyways, I think Laura just happened to be pregnant and her leave allowed for OLTL to write Cassie out. It was utterly shitty that she was notified while on leave, but I don't think she was fired because she was pregnant. That, and her contract loopholes, would have made Laura's case more difficult.

• Members

Hunter Won Because At The Time Of The Trial She was 7 months pregnant with another baby which no one knew about & She didnt even look pregnant. So that Killed Spelling's Claim Having Her Pregnant would not be believeable for the role

Laura Koffman was On maternity Leave when she was let go. Yes her cycle was up and they let her know at least 4 weeks before the end of her contract cycle but the sticking point is that there are someHR Policies In Place that say you cannot fire someone while they are on Maternity Leave

• Members

SOD/SOW were tweeting yesterday that Daniel Goddard is not liked by his castmates or TPTB and thats why he was fired. Evidently there was an arguement between DG and Amelia Heini and Billy Miller almost swung on him. They say some of his backsrage antics are horrible, and I too heard he was a real %$#&.

Nellie is supposed to expamd on this subject in his column today <_<

• Members

I wonder if he's going to hang out with Braeden and Bergman now.

Clearly he's not that much of a burden if they brought him back.

I tend to think he was never really fired at all and this is all a stunt.

Archived