Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Do you know who this is about? A March 1980 Daytime TV mentions two long-running soap opera queens on a CBS soap who had finally gotten over some of their issues, which had gotten to the point where they would not even film scenes together, even though their characters were supposed to be friends. One of the actresses said she was tired of the other one getting all the romantic scenes, even though the other one was five years older.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the April 12, 1983 Digest, they recap Dorothy Lyman's interview with Chicago Sun-Times TV critic Gary Deeb, saying that she didn't get along with former AMC executive producer Jorn Winther, that he didn't understand Opal and threatened to fire her about once a week.

• Members

I remember reading somewhere a few years back that Lisa Rinna and Kristian Alfonso absolutely LOATHED each other when LR was playing Billie (the first time around) on Days. They tried to be all sappy sweet with the press but in reality wanted to claw each other's eyeballs out. I read somewhere about an incident that happened between them one day to where one of the actresses locked themselves in their dressing room and refused to come out until the other one was gone for the day. This little temper tantrum thus delayed a days worth of taping.

• Members

I Know That They Both Didn't Like RKK Who Played Bo At The Time

Never Heard That One. Did Know That James and ER Linda GotLieb Did Not See Eye To Eye

KK Was Playing Herself & For Someone Who Never Acted Before She Wasnt Terrible

I Like KDP's Voice

Maybe This Little Break Will recharge TSJ

Cant Fault RS For What The Costume Dept Has Dorian Wear

Wait So He Didnt Like The Character Of Opal and Wanted Her Gone Or Is That He Didnt Like DL and Wanted Her Replaced?

• Members

I believe that he wanted Opal to be a villain. Dorothy fought that because she knew villains didn't last long on soaps (she'd played one on Edge of Night after all) and she wanted Opal to last and to be more of what she wanted.

Archived