Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really!?

I remember reading in several places that Megan McTavish wanted GL's "Marion Crane" to look like Felicia Minei Behr, who she couldn't stand. I don't know how much I believe that though as I don't think there was much of a resemblance.

• Members

Yeah I Find It That The Sierra Story Should Have Given FF More To Do But We May Never Know. I Just Really Get Miffed When Starts From One Show Come To Another & Believe They Are Entilted To Always Be Front Burner

• Members

What is Farah Fath's deal?

I know she was on DAYS and did some decent work on that show as Judi Evan's daughter...then she came to OLTL as a new character. I don't know how long she was on by the time I started watching again which was the very day Andrea Evans came back. I haven't missed an episode since. I have noticed with Ms. Fath that in the beginning when I started watching, she was a nice character, sort of like the contemporary version of Jenny Wolek...the actress actually had some potential to grow too. Then Gigi became closer to Rex, and I am not mistaken that is when Fath became involved with the actor Jon-Paul Lavoisier in real life. It seems to me that when that happened, both their performances began to suffer as the characters became rather self-absorbed and annoying, which is what I have heard both actors are like behind the scenes. I noticed that Fath is actually not a very consistent scene partner with anyone other than Jon-Paul and maybe Erika Slezak...Fath works with actors who give her a lot to work off of and it falls flat against her. I don't if she is the worst offender because Jon-Paul Lavoisier seems to think his brilliance comes from his mugging his way through most of his scenes. As this audience member, it is annoying and it pulls focus from characters in the scene. Watch the character of Schuyler Joplin's breakdown and you will see what I mean.

I would jettison Gigi and keep Rex. Jon-Paul is actually a bit more stronger in spite of his cutesy faces.

Erik

• Members

FF joined the show in the fall of 2007, so it was about seven or eight months before Andrea Evans returned. Gigi was a pretty enjoyable character, IMO, and I really loved her relationship with Viki, and I thought she fit well into Llanview, but yeah...by the time she and Rex became an official couple, it was downhillsville for the both of them, very quickly.

• Members

That is a cool story, Erik. I always had the feeling that Ilene Kristen was one soap star who "got" that actors are nothing w/o their audience. Another one, IMO, would have to be Cady McClain (although, I am aware of how her website and blog have generated controversy over the years).

• Members

Again, I blame that on Frons. Yes, when FF (funny how her initials could also stand for "fast-forward") first appeared on OL, viewers cottoned to Gigi, b/c she was quirky and interesting. Unfortunately, Frons and the other PTB took that as their go-ahead to amplify the crap out of her eccentricities, feature her every damn day, and put her front-and-center in a boring, go-nowhere relationship w/ Rex that continues to be an albatross for the show...instead of just appreciating the fact that they had a great, new supporting character (in the mold of, say, Wanda Wolek) who could've been a good "talk-to" for others.

• Members

And as for KISH...? Yeah, I never bought the rumors. I mean, to this day, I don't believe Brett Claywell was that thrilled to be involved in a gay romance on the show, but drunk and/or unprofessional? Nuh-uh. Sorry.

• Members

Totally forgot this one. Robin Strasser and JFP. As I recall, RS was offered the role of Alex on GL after the late BM quit. RS was close to signing a contract with GL and out of respect contacted OLTL/ABC to let them know she was considering joining another show. OLTL offered her Dorian again on spot (EP was playing Dori at the time). Flash forward 10 years and JFP is named EP at OLTL and RS was pushed out because of their bad blood.

• Members

Why thank you, it shocked me that she responded. I really do think highly of her. I think she's very real, and you can tell that by looking at her. She's an everywoman with a great energy.

Now do tell about the Cady McClain's blog that generated contoversy. Whatever did she say?!

Archived