Garrett house

Lena's apartment

Writer - John D Hess

Exec Producer - Richard Dunn

Director - Frank Pacelli

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Interesting that there was an edit at the start when the guitar was supposed to break, so we didn't see it. I assume something went wrong since in those days video editing was expensive and was rarely done, instead they just opted to film the entire show "live" onto the tape. I guess something went wrong on the set when it was supposed to break.

• Members

It looks like tape decay in several spots and the film jumps. 

Les Brown Jr. (Buzz) is the son of big band leader Les Brown who's lead singer was Doris Day back in the 40's. Les Jr. appeared as one of the Mosquitos in the classic episode of Gilligan's Island " Don't Bug The Mosquitos"

• Members

Interesting info. Brown was cute here - I guess he didn't really go on to much career-wise. Brenda Benet was so appealing in the ingenue role, she's the highlight for me.

I need to go back and watch the other two episodes on Youtube but the quality is so bad (I think the original versions by Saynotoursoap were ruined by someone else and then this third uploader tried to fix those versions) I haven't gotten around to it.

• Members

I watched a bit on my iPhone. The scenes in the restaurant featured palm trees in the background and that got me thinking. Wasn’t The Young Marrieds set in a suburb of the then unnamed town on General Hospital? So at this point GH couldn’t have been set in New York but rather a locale with palm trees like Florida or California. Makes me wonder when TPTB at GH decided GH was set in New York.

• Members

Yes, those other 2 episodes are crappy quality almost unwatchable. What I have looked up, Les Jr. followed in his fathers footsteps and became a musician. I found this photo of him and Marlo Thomas pre-nose job. A lot of people speculate that it was what gave her that nasally voice " Oh Donald"

File:Marlo thomas les brown jr 1960.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

• Members

Wow. It's hard to even recognize her. 

I think I have the original uploads of those two episodes somewhere on a disc. I know saynotoursoap didn't really like his material being uploaded by others, which I understand, but what is available of those two episodes is so terrible...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I wonder if the master tapes of this soap exist ? I think GH saved all their episodes and since this is the sister soap, maybe those episodes are in the vault. 

Yes Marlo had her father's nose. The first time I saw her original nose in a 1950's photo with her Dad I didn't recognize her. When I see her today on TV, she doesn't even resemble the way she looked on That Girl in the 60's. I know it's been decades, but she looks totally different. 

Some guy commented on youtube a few years ago about her recent work on her face. He said she was on a talk show and he couldn't understand what she was saying. He said the doctor must have cut a nerve and her mouth was hanging open. It's was a cheap shot....but I had to laugh.

• 4 months later...