Emmy Pre-Noms *official*

dragonflies

• Members

The Y&R ones suck.

The DAYS ones were basically as right on the money as you could go...just a shame about Koslow, Aniston and Rogers, all of whom would have stood a better chance at winning compared to some who made the cut.

B&B = happy set = happy pre-noms.

GH's are hilarious.

AMC, I wonder if La Lucci is pissed?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No comment on anyone from ATWT, other than congrats, because it's just the same exact list of people who submitted. LOL

I love, love, love Kassie DePaiva and Gina Tognoni, but I am beyond confused here. I mean, no Susan Haskell and Florencia Lozano, really? I'm really happy to see that Robin Strasser got a pre-nom. Jerry verDorn, woo hoo! I am sooo happy to see Eddie Alderson up there, no other young actor on OLTL is more deserving. David Gregory. . . LOL. He obviously only got it because the second pre-nom spot for younger actor was between him and Nic Robuck, who is probably the worst actor on OLTL.

• Members

<-------- Congrats to Tognoni, but she really has no material to submit. Her inclusion baffles me as she's going to struggle to find two tapes of material I think. Thought it would be Haskell and Lozano.

Tricia Cast BETTER WIN Supporting Actress. That's really the only category I care about.

I kind of hope Scott Clifton wins Younger Actor too.

Oh edited, because I'd really love to see CZP from ATWT win Lead Actress.

• Members

The only thing that surprised me was the fact that Y&R didn't pre-nominate Micheal Muhney. I always thought he was popular among the cast. Like most I'm happy that Tricia Cast got a nod, but with the way the Emmys are Henlie will be the one on the final ballot.

• Members

OLTL's lead actress nominations are insane. Here is a show that has won this category 11 times out the last 37 years. WAY more than any other show. And they nominate KDP and GT? Actors just submit ONE tape to win an Emmy. Daytime Emmys have a lot to do with actors' reputation in the industry. When you have someone like Susan Haskell, who has won as recently as 2009, you pre-nom her. She has the reputation, she has the tapes, and she obviously has the credibility and recognition with the voters to win this. What in the world are KDP and GT gonna submit? Blair cries when she finds out Tea is dying? Kelly cries when she finds out Melinda died? I can't imagine what it must feel like for Florencia Lozano to go into work today knowing she killed it last year and her colleagues prenomed GT over her.

These Emmy prenoms - Who's been nominated (Nadia Bjorlin! Jaqueline Macinnes-Wood! David Gregory!) and who's been snubbed (Melody Thomas-Scott? Crystal Chappel? Michael Muhney? Suzanne Rogers?) are yet another example of why the industry is dying.

• Members

While I think both FL and SH had more material than both GT and KDP who had literally nothing, if you're talking about reputation, GT's reputation within the industry is probably just as credible as Haskell's. She was on GL 5 years, was nominated 3 times and won 2 (and her last year on the show she opted out of submitting her name for consideration). That really means in 4 years she was nominated 3 times in a row and won twice. Of course OLTL would think she has a good chance of bringing it home (even though they failed to take into consideration that she doesn't have a damn thing to submit except maybe the day that Kelly turned down Kevin's proposal. For the most part her material was lackluster and not at all meaty).

• Members

Same old same old. It might as well have been last year's list from all the usual suspects on that list. Once again I'm-practically-recurring Christan LeBlanc is a Lead Actor pre-nom. Once again, "The" Stafford and Granny Cooper hog the Lead Actress section. WTF Rebecca Budig? Amelia Heinle? Kelly Monaco? I love me some KeMo but WTH material did she submit? And Brian Kerwin? Will Peter Bergman's Emmy reel consist of him turning purple as he huffs and puffs uselessly?

Thank goodness for Debbi Morgan and Tricia Cast who not only class the list up but thoroughly deserve to win their respective categories.

Archived