Emmy Pre-Noms *official*

dragonflies

• Members

Since I'm rooting for Colleen Zenk to take it all the way, I selfishly like the lead actress list this year. With MTS, Crystal Chappell, Erika Slezak, and Florencia Lozano all left off the ballot, Zenk has a real shot at winning. I even thought she had the reel to beat any of them, but with them gone, her chances are definitely increased. Morgan, West, and Flannery are her main competition. Also, I must say, this may very well be the year that KKL breaks through!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R's lead noms are a joke. They're all supporting actors, at best. I hope Debbi Morgan makes the cut and goes on to win, but my sentimental fave is Pinter. Would be great to see her nominated and even win after her long run with the show. And Stausse...WTF. If you watched her work this week, you'd see what a laughable "actress" she is. Julia Barr was also in the running for this category. She was terrific and deserved a nom over Stausse. I know she was only back for a couple of months, but didn't Genie Francis win best supporting a few years back with something like 10 episodes.

• Members

I'm glad Kristian Alfonso was pre-nommed. I'm curious what she'll submit, hopefully nothing from that horrid Nighttime Hope S/L where she ran around town ambien-induced, mugging the crap out of all the guys in Salem. Here's hoping she submits something from Alice's funeral episodes instead!!

I can't believe Suzanne Rogers wasn't pre-nommed!! She was amazing last year. I love Nadia Bjorlin but SR should have been nominated over her. I think NB'schance could be next year, she is rocking in her S/L right now..

Lauren Koslow & Joe Mascolo are huge glaring omissions!

Kim Matula, Lexie Ainsworth, & Molly Burnett all should be locks for younger Actress. I think any one of them could take it.

• Members

I find B&B's pre-noms surprising as so often (Patrick Duffy? Don Diamont for lead?) but actually in a good way. They won't get that shots in the final ballott as so often but still a nice pre-nom list...

EDIT: OMG TRICIA CAST - give her that f*cking Emmy already!!! Her acting REALLY was basically everything wortwhile about the crappy Ronan-story...

• Members

Don Diamont deserves to be lead. He's who I picked from the show when we did the prediction thread. He hasnt had much material in the latter half of the year but the show was very heavy on Bill in the first half when he controlled Forrester. Id love it if he got an actual nom for his work then,.

• Members

Agreed that JVD should go on to win lead actor. Clint's about-face seemed ludicrous, but Jerry sold it and did things that Ritchie could never have pulled off. Not understanding MEK's inclusion in this category, esp. since he was nommed and won for best supporting 10 years ago when he had more and better material to play. I guess it just comes down to one or two reels of material and not a whole year's body of work. I also like Goldin. I think he's a very believeable actor, and I'd like to see him go on to at least get a nom. Good for Don Diamont since he's a long time soap vet, but is he really any good? I haven't seen his work on B&B, but from what I saw of him on Y&R, he was never really a heavyweight...just some nice eye candy. Is this his first possible nom, or was he nommed for Y&R or Days? Would like to see CZP win best actress, but does she have a chance again Debbi Morgan? I would think Morgan would stand the better shot since she has more buzz and is on a show that's still on the air...at least for the next six months, that is...LOL.

• Members

I had a good laugh at CLB (nothing against him) being in Lead. Wow. I've heard people say this is all politics but if he were that politically powerful he'd have a storyline.

I'm glad Doug Davidson got a pre-nom but I guess Chompers, who spent the year reinforcing what a bad and lazy actor he is, will get more results. Amelia Heinle, who spent the year looking bored and doing a bad Billy Miller imitation, and Liz Hendrickson, who did little other than play a brittle and cold non-character who obsesses over creepy men, seem to have more of a chance than Tricia Cast.

I'm happy with most of the OLTL nominations (I don't think DAG should have been in there but there was no one else in that age range, aside from poor Jason Tam), but I have no idea what Kassie and Gina are doing there. Did HBS not submit her name?

Archived