GH: Actress OUT??

• Members

Wow. :o ::stunned::

She never set my world alight with her acting, but she is stunningly, swooningly beautiful. I always assumed that her loyalty to the show and her vocal fanbase would keep her employed on the fringes of GH. Boy was I wrong. Frons has been gunning for her a$$ to be canned for years.

Days should snap her up as Sarah Horton. If there is a chance she'd bring some new fans over, that would be great. Can you imagine BH/Sarah pulling her best bitchface on Melanie? :lol:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is, actors have confirmed it. There was an interview last year where it was confirmed ALL storylines have to be approved by Frons. I have no doubt this is his doing as much as Guza and Phelps. They probably were going to fire her last year but she got pregnant and they didn't want to face a lawsuit

• Members

I am really surprised that actors like Steve Burton and Kimberly McCullough haven't spoken out. I sure hope it's coming. KmC had quite a bit to say about Stuart Damon getting fired, she should speak out now too.

Hopwfully all the fanfare about her getting fired will just ensure she gets swooped up by another soap.

• Members

I'm not sure Kimberly will say something - Stuart Damon was someone she knew for most of her acting life. She may not want to speak up too much because there's a good chance she will be next out the door, especially with the show working so hard to make Lisa popular.

• Members

I can't help wondering how come RH got the pink slip and not TC. He must be making more money than her and he has complained publicly about his "diminished" role. He is the one who should have gotten the boot, actually he should have been shown the door along with Natalia Livingston. If anyone has run out of story, it is Nikolas.

• Members

They should have given Siobhan's story to Liz. Siobhan felt like filler; basically something for Lucky to do while Becky was on maternity leave. She shouldnt have come back to PC with him. Actually that wasnt sobad but they should have killed her off when the Balkan's men nearly took a hot at her during the Brenda/Sam switcheroo. After that Liz should have been ushered into the story as she tried to help Lucky with his grief. The Balkan realize she is important to her so tehy target her in order to use her to control Lucky. Instead of kidnapping Siobhan's sister, they'd kidnap Sarah (whom Liz was just with) and use her to blackmail Liz. This also could serve a dual purpose as a way to get her back on the show and potentially in a story with Nik. Such wasted potential

• Members

It's almost impossible to give any story to Liz because for years all Liz has been is a brood mare. And this is one of the biggest problems with GH: it's baby fetish. I was watching a recent scene with Liz and Robin and couldn't reach for the FF button fast enough with Liz yammering on about Cameron, while Robin tortured the viewer with yet another discussion about Emma's first fill in the blank. How could they ever send Liz off to Ireland or Italy to battle it out with Balkans when every other sentence out of her mouth has to do with taking care of the boys? [!@#$%^&*] the boys and stick em in boarding school! You are a character on a soap and your job is to entertain me, your tedious humdrum discussions about your toddlers do nothing for me. They wrote Liz into this motherhood dead end, and that doesn't mean they should start killing off characters willy nilly so they can try to shoehorn this Carol Brady in training into stories where mothers have no place.

I liked Liz up until that horrible two years where she yearned for Jason. I think it is a real shame GH botched this character up so badly, but as long as she was the little old lady who lived in a shoe, I just don't see how she could be fit into any stories without it being about her boring kids.

• Members

IA to a degree. They shouldnt have written in most of Becky's real life pregnancies especially this last one. Still I dont think the kids are a problem when they can and have written them off as being with Audrey while Liz was doing her own thing.

• Members

Yep. This is a problem with most of the soaps. It's all babies all the time. Either characters come off as awful mothers or they are stuck talking about their kids in every scene. Someone needs to stop the madness. Now it looks like even Sam is about to have a baby. :blink: It never ends, but I blame vocal couple fanbases. They always insist that "their" couple gets a baby and before you know it every character and her sister has 3 kids.

Archived