GH: Actress OUT??

• Members

And yet I keep reading hear how her character was trashed on this board.

The point is if the writers aren't interested in the character anymore they won't write for you that simple. Doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just the nature of the beast.

I was pissed off to no end when they killed off my fave(who's killing was celebrated on this board) but in retrospect I knew they were done with the character and am happy they wrote her off before the character became completely irrelevant.

While I am not a Becky or Liz fan, she's popular and I would expect a show like B&B or Y&R or even Days might entertain hiring her. Will they use her correctly who knows but it's not like GH did the last few years either.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes it was and not popular here and apparently still isn't but I won't belabor that point. I knew they were done with her after the pairing with Sonny flopped and was pulled(like MB hasnt had a zillion flops). I'm just sorry she ever came back because the character and story was a complete disaster. And you better hope they don't offer than to Becky and she doesn't entertain it.

Becky will be fine. She's got a lot of fans and is popular and I would imagine won't trash the show when she leaves. She likely will be appreciative of all the support and work she's gotten. She will handle it as a professional and this will only enhance her chances of landing something new.

• Members

I'm shocked...

Liz was never my favorite character, but I thought Lucky & Liz were the closest thing to Luke & Laura they were ever going to get, they had such history and the fact that Jonathan Jackson came back makes this even sadder. Sure she is a shell of herself as someone said, but so is everyone, and at least the woman ACTS!

The fact that we still have Cackle, Horse,Boobs, and Street Corner (figure those out for yourselves)...just makes it even worse.

• Members

She's mellowed out but that would be a sign of character progression and maturation, which all characters should have especially after being on a show for nearly 30 years as she has. I wouldnt call her a shell of herself. It wouldnt make much sense for her to still be the type of person that would hold her father's heart medication from him. No, she is beyond that. Deep down, her personality is still similar and she is fairly consistent from story to story. She isnt constantly switched up to go with whats currently being dished out.

• Members

Aside from the first year or so after the rape story, I have never liked Liz. For a while I actually hated her.

I still don't really understand this decision.

Liz gets people talking. She's a very polarizing character. She gets attention. And that's something which GH is lacking right now. Many faces, including hugely hyped returns like Brenda's, have just resulted in apathy.

Is this because the golden boy's return really hasn't been all that fantastic, and has only put a big red flag on just how useless Lucky is as a character, and they don't want Liz around because she's a reminder of when JJ did more than just cry/talk about how great Jason is/get an earful from the Irish cipher? Or because they continue to have no idea what to do with Nik, and are now reduced to having a date rapist bimbo like Brook Lyn as moral arbiter?

The show isn't exactly full of great female characters at the moment, and most of them seem to be wandering around aimlessly. Even poor Lisa Lo, who is a very good actress, only got material when it was time for a daylong coma from a bus crash. Brianna Brown is completely in over her head with whatever they have made Lisa. They gave up on writing for Robin. Lulu is irrelevant. Maxie is an earache. Brenda is sleep-inducing. Alexis is just there. Kristina has no story. Sam is just Jason's appendage.

So you're left with Carly, who is just a clomping plot device, Jason Jr. and the 40 year old stripper, and Tracy, who I love but who never has any storyline.

• Members

Bring Becky Herbst to AMC as a long lost Smythe named Redlee!! ....;-) I could see both Becky's passing off as sisters!! I would love it if Mary Smythe came back and with a huge secret like that ;-D. Or they don't have to be sisters, they could be cousins or something. Wishful thinking/casting ;P!!

Archived