GH: Actress OUT??

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that got lost somewhere around the time they dropped the Valentin story. Lucky saying Liz only had any worth when she was bleeding and unconscious in the snow from a rape said it all about the future of that relationship.

• Members
Who cares about Carolyn Hennessy?! All she ever did was pimp that stupid ass Spinelli book, RT her fans drivel, and get into fights with fans who don't like her or the show.

The final straw: I blocked Carolyn Hennessy when she said, "Megan Ward and I are the QUEENS of Twitter." <_<

• Members

But Guza kept Elizabeth around for years when JJ's Lucky was off the screen. She had quite a bit of story with Ric and then, Jason. She wasn't a pet, but it was clear that Guza found her useful. I always thought the revamp of the hospital gave Liz some purpose and then JJ's return, appeared to cement her place on the canvas. I really am surprised that Guza fired RH when there is so much story left for Liz and Lucky with the Aiden reveal. I think this has got to be more about budget cuts than anything else.

• Members

Liz also tended to drift for years - I think Guza did like her with Jason, but beyond that he seemed to have little use for her. The stuff with Ric, then carrying Jax's baby, etc. seemed to be just about other people. I don't think he cares about Jason/Sam, I think that is all Frons; Guza probably preferred Jason/Liz. But on GH most women exist only to be backup for men and Liz no longer provided that, since there was too much baggage with Lucky and Jason. I'm sure Guza didn't directly do this but I think the plans have been in motion for quite some time, around a year or so.

In a lot of ways I think JJ being back probably hurt her. She was probably seen as unworthy of being with him, since she'd been around for years, with various men, and with kids Guza through Luke told us were saddled on loser Lucky.

• Members

Guza is the one ABC headwriter/producer is reputed to have full control of his show and budget. From all reports, Guza does all the hiring and firing.

When it comes to GH, I never buy that Frons is behind every unpopular decision. It is all Guza though ABC's focus group research likely does have an impact on story direction.

• Members

I never believed the reason to recast Michael was cause by anything, but unhappiness with the previous actor's difficult onset behavior. I never bought the claim that they wanted a different look. If that was true, they would have cast Duell in the role in the first place. No doubt that the network meddles, but from every insider who has commented, Guza has full control over GH.

• Members

I think that you are right but the change in Michael's personality after the recast was huge. I think someone at ABC wanted him to be more of a young leading man (even if that means with a middle-aged stripper). Guza I think liked the idea of Michael being a little thug.

Archived