GH: Actress OUT??

• Members

From Michael Logan:

In the new TV Guide, he calls her firing a "flabbergasting move" and says she's one of daytime's most beloved stars. He says she's the vicitim of budget cuts, but she's part of the power-keg plot that has everyone in PC thinking Aiden is a Cassadine when he's really a Spencer.

He says that's a story that could have played out for YEARS

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"The Battle for Becky!" is also on the cover to SID. I wonder if all this backlash and outrage might make GH reconsider their decision. I remember back when they first fired Robyn Richards as Maxie, fans and press did not like that at all, especially when they brought in a new girl. After a few months they went back on theri decision and brought Robyn back. I wonder if people are loud enough, if Becky might get saved as well

• Members

I doubt they will reconsider. They brought Richards back but clearly had little use for her and recast after they knew there wouldn't be any furor.

I don't care about Liz but I am glad the fans are mobilized about something beyond the usual fanbase wars. The show has dumped so many vets with minimal outcry from viewers that I think they didn't realize this isn't entirely the same situation.

• Members

you are probably right. He's already writing her horribly. If forced, I bet he will make her even worse and go deeper with the trashing as a way to make people regret even wanting her to stay.

Im dissapointed in Natalia but I say get rid of Taylor altogether and give Becky a new role. Taylor has always been such a waste and I dont want to see Becky as yet another saint. Let her be someone shady and feisty without the moral highground that GH used to have Liz take. Im still pulling for her to be Anna and Tony's love child!

• Members

I think he basically sees Siobhan as replacing Liz. And to a lot of fans she probably will. But she is basically a cipher and JJ is too weak of a leading man to be able to carry her on his own. Their relationship was also rushed.

I'd lost interest in L&L2 before Jonathan left the first time - I think it was when Ruby's death became about how great they were - but that really was the only thing that would have salvaged JJ's return IMO. As it is now he's this spare part who does even more pathetic versions of old Luke stories and is one of Jason's many weepers. He's a Bob Guza nostalgia tour, and a half-hearted one at that.

• Members

Right. Remember when Robyn went back to GH? It's like she had a target on her back the whole time. She wasn't in much (apart from a brief friendship with Zander before he went "rogue" -- yeah, I'm still bitter that he got sacrificed for Numb) and they finally, unceremoniously fired her when Kristen Storms became available.

Ever since her story with Rick Lansing ended abruptly and she went on one of her first maternity leaves I always felt that somebody at GH was gunning for Herbst's ass. Don't know whether it was JFP who hates actresses who fall pregnant, or Guza who only cares about 3-4 characters max on the show, or Frons who has a very particular taste when it comes to the kind of women he wants on soaps. Either way, she has been treated as an afterthought (Liason apart), and the best RH could do now was to leave with her head held high and go to another show, taking some of her loyal fanbase with her. That would be the best revenge.

And GH could have predicted the outcry easily. Not only do Frons and JFP adore focus groups and demos, both keep an eye on those soap events that GH and individual cast members do. Three years ago, Greg Vaughan and Kelly Monaco did one which got a huge turnout and JFP took notice, but pretty soon LuSam was dead and GV out. Becky Herbst's fan events are always huge draws and TIIC are aware of that. They just choose to ignore it.

And FTR, I am not a big BH fan -- I think she is a relatively average actress (rape SL aside) and her diction bothers me. But I cannot deny that she is beautiful and has a loyal, large fanbase. I'm not sure some of GH's bigger divas could boast of the same thing (Ingo comes to mind).

• Members

Plus no other GH actress has had as many popular pairings as Becky either. LnL2, Liason, LiRic, Niz probably could have been if they hadn't been an affair

Pretty much, he'd trash her for sure. I know years ago he said he hates being told what to write and what fans want he'll do the opposite of

• Members

Sigh, I am over the whole Liz thing, I was shocked at first but when I thought about it, the writing was on the wall for awhile. She is not what I consider a legacy character like AJ or Georgie were, so while I respect that she was a vet and has many fans, she is not the first popular actress/character to get the boot and wont be the last.

I lost interest in Liz when she hooked up with Ric, and I still dont know why they had her get knocled up with a dead characters baby. She has had two wtd stories in the last 5 years just to prop up the male characters imo.

I think Frons and Guza do know how popular RH is but they dont care and will do what they want to do as usual and NO I do not see them changing their minds about it :mellow:

Archived