AMC: Frons Courting McTavish?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, I remember that article too. I was all about AMC until around 96 or 97. FMB's departure pretty much coincided with Disney buying out ABC, and I noticed a difference in the show around this time. Not just the obvious crap that went against the show's grain, like the voodoo nonsense. They'd done this type of silly stuff in the past (Lars' reveal as a Nazi, the Damon Lazarre stuff, for example), so these weird elements weren't entirely foreign to the show, but this time there was a more subtle change in tone I can't quite put my finger on. I still watched, though, but the bottom really dropped out when McT returned in 98/99.

• Members

Once Bianca's anorexia story was over, AMC was pretty much DOA for the next year and a bit. Wasn't that a Broderick left-over too? Tad and Dixie though was fun. McT always (until the end that is) seemed to get them.

• Members

Cheap, I for one didn't like nu-Charlie or nu-Brian.

The soaps were all so good 1991-1994. They were on fiyah in 1993.

I had stopped watching AMC in early 1996. Like EricM I began watching without mom having it on the channel in around maybe 1989-1990. DAYS got me while AMC was weak coming out of McTavish's crazy turn in 1994-1995 and LB being forced to do DAYS like stuff on AMC. There were also just too many new faces everywhere on the show for me between the Santos family and teenagers. Here's some more articles from McTavish's 1993-1994.

0ecmaronmek.jpg

0ecmaronmek2.jpg

0ECMEKSOD.jpg

0ectaddix.jpg

0ECKERICA.jpg

• Members

The Tad/Ted, storyline, as preposterous as it was, held my attention, and I actually enjoyed it. I love that still photo of Dixie trying to save an unconscious Tad in the river.

I know this was McTavish's story. Sometimes her outlandish stories worked, and sometimes they didn't. I think it's all about execution.

Archived