AMC: Frons Courting McTavish?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Lorraine Broderick would become a Co-HW for AMC IF Megan returned I am all in!

Why not let Broderick be HW? She's already within the current writing team and during the first 6 months I believe ratings were stable and GREAT during February sweeps!

• Members

Creative artists like Broderick (college professor) don't want to head write...it's not worth the stress and lack of freedom. See Sheri Anderson's interview with Branco. So much of what happens on screen is dictated by the production company in order to make shareholders/network happy.

• Members

A lot of dedicated, talented writers get blamed for things beyond their control. P&G made Wheeler and Goutman headwriters of those shows. Passanante and Kriezman got unfairly blamed for lots of [!@#$%^&*] that they didn't write. Remember when Estensen/Brown got blamed for clone reva and it was a CBS penned story by Wendy Fishman?

Swajeski was a decent writer on AW; if you watch those episodes now you can see that she tried to use legacy characters, bring new ones that were connected to families and didn't introduce freeze the world [!@#$%^&*] storylines. The executives in charge of production are killing these shows. Whoever reads Y&R bibles at Sony is dictating the plot driven drivel...it's not all MAB and Sheffer. But they want Sheffer to write his pyscho story over and over or he wouldn't be employed. If he tried to write another story for Kay, it would get axed for Bianca and Shayne crap.

• Members

UGGGGH, NOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not sure what the people at Daytime Confidential are smoking but McT wrote badly for any strong woman: Liza suddenly decided she needed a baby, Greenlee became Ryan's stepford wife, Kendall made reuniting Ryan & Greenlee her mission in life and let's not forget Erica's stint as a Vegas showgirl.

I can only imagine what new hell McT would wreak on Pine Valley. Anyone remember how unrepetent baby-stealing Babe became the heroine of the show and Jonathan/Lily were supposed to be the hot young couple? :angry:

Archived