AMC: Frons Courting McTavish?

• Members

Yeah ..she is breakdown writer there I believe...probably co head writer in ghost capacity...lol.....Yeah AMC numbers are where GL and ATWT were in those demos. I just find AMC so dull with nothing going for it. Add Rylee to the mix and you get the low demos.

I dont know...lol.......I mean who is worse McTavish or Passanante??

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed the Tad/Ted story too, despite it having more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese. I think the culmination of that story, the week that Tad and Dixie were reunited in NYC(?), they were thisclose to knocking Y&R out of the number 1 spot. I know the demos were through the roof at that point. I think that worked because it was about characters we cared about and, despite its many, many flaws, it was well-paced and focused, and had tons of story momentum, as opposed to the whatever-sticks-against-the-wall method of storytelling we've been getting for years.

• Members

Dont sugar coat it. You were right hte first time. She was horrible...lol.

I loved the Tad/Ted story as well but man that was the beginning of Dixie and her f--ed up hairdos of the 90s. Her hair doesnt get decent again until she returns in 1998 with the curls, which itself goes awfully wrong when she refuses to get rid of them

• Members

Really AMC is about nothing right now. I try to watch since I miss my soap but there is nothing there.

Same [!@#$%^&*] with Rylee.

Same [!@#$%^&*] with David.

Besides that what is there??? Boring dull mess of a show with characters that I dont know

• Members

You should post all that in the AMC behind the scenes thread.

I guess SOD stopped doing those reviews when the networks got more and more upset about criticism, but I thought they were a good read, and sometimes right on the nose. The last ones I remember reading that gave an in depth critique to each soap were around the mid or late 90s.

• Members

Most shows would actually try and make things better when critcized about something, but I guess Daytime is a whole different animal. Most in charge of primetime shows actually seem to listen to and care what viewers think, daytime doesn't seem to do either one

• Members

A lot of people in primetime also seem to get upset when criticized, like Aaron Sorkin, or the Lost people...but they also tend to sometimes go along with the "I know how important this is, I feel your pain, this is how we're going to save the show" PR tour, like Heroes did over and over.

I think the soaps became afraid that any criticism would hurt ratings, which were already hurting, and that was another way to avoid blaming themselves for the problems of their shows.

• Members

Tad and Brooke's wedding was heart-breaking. Dixie with a feverish Ted thinking he's Tad confessing her love. Brooke being stupid and choosing Tad over Edmund when he tries to stop the wedding.

The river scenes were great.

They were only really close once and that's the week they beat Y&R for half an episode. That is the week when Tad/Dixie finally saw each other/confronted each other following Tad returning from the dead.

LOL. You're right.

My mother stopped watching the show a long time ago but sometimes she catches the opening and at this point she only recognizes 8 out of the 20-30 characters in there - Erica, Jack, Kendall, Jesse, Angie, Tad, Ryan and I think Greenlee.

McTavish 2003-2004 a la Kane (Michael Cambias murder, Miranda/Babyswitch, etc)...

AMCPROMOBAN2.jpg

ETA:

Carl, will do later this evening :)

Archived