AMC: New Opening

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then how do you explain her being listed as a contract cast member in the closing credits? She clearly has a special deal in place

No offense to you but people aren't doing their homework. When the opening debuted in 2004, the "old cast members" shots weren't of old cast members. They were just vintage shots of current cast members. All the Ruth Warrick photos were because she was too ill to shoot a photo but they wanted to keep her face in the opening in some way or another. They shots over time sometimes became shots of characters past simply because they were too lazy to update it. The sidebar shots in the new opening basically do what the still shots did in the previous opening, no opening ever had pictures of former cast members intentionally. I don't even think the 2002-2003 one did, as the photos in the book were also of current cast members.

• Members

I am glad AMC gets a new opening. I don't like Lindsay Hartley & Jordi Vilasuso being so upfront in the opening though. I also hate Linday Hartley's pics, and don't particularly care for Michael Nouri(Caleb's) or

Walt Willey(Jack)'s either. Melissa Claire Egan should'be been slower going by, seems like the newbys, like nUMarissa and NOTSONU Scott are shown slower.

I agree the book from the previous opening should've been used and that the young pic of Erica, along with gone vets like Palmer, Ruth, Joe, Myrtle, Adam shown instead of the obviously blank pages and bind of the book. Is Shannon Kane(Natalie) out, if not why is shw not in the opening, and Chrishelle Stause(Amanda) who has such a large part in the show, should been given a close up shot, no matter if she's contract or not, since she's still in the opening. For that matter, Danielle Parker(Emma) shoud've been shown with her face showing not her back w/Annie. Reed Birney(AJ) should've also been given a side shot.

I hope when ONE LIFE gets their new opening, it will be something between GH's and the current one, got a feeling it's gonna be in the style of the bumpers.

• Members

Me too. I know many old school fans still love the first one best, but to me this is the classic opening, I guess cuz I started watching in 1991. (And for those who think they hadn't already started back burnering some of the vets, for the first several months I watched it completely confounded me who Phoebe and Langley were and particularly the first image of Ruth and Joe confounded me, I didn't watch until Tad and Joey had just recently left so the image was just the parents--I remember asking my sister's friend who got me hooked who they were and she had no clue either lol. Although Mona seemed to be on nearly every day, as was Myrtle.)

• Members

No, but I think it would have seemed dated in the 90s. The irony is now tv shows have largely gone to title cards again (Bros and Sis, Lost, etc, etc) whereas at the time, title cards seemed cheap and old fashioned. I do think think it's a bit too nostalgic and naive to suggest that old opening would still work now. Something BASED on it, sure, but...

• Members

I started watching before you, Eric, but this was the theme when I started watching too. I loved it. I thought it was very different from other soaps.

And as for the vets, I used to call Myrtle, Mona, Phoebe, Langley, Chuck, Donna, and Skye (!?) the "party people," because they only trotted them out for the big parties.

speaking of which, where are my parties? Am I supposed to count when David "died?" Where's my Crystal Ball? I used to love the parties where you could always count on bitchy dialogue and a good verbal sparring between Brooke and Erica.

Archived