AMC: New Opening

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Better yet, how about Annie slapping JR? There's a bunch of them to choose from...

Opening is okay, but I liked the original photo album one better -- isn't the show called "All My Children"? The album motif is much better suited to the title/spirit of the show.

Don't like the way they featured the lesser-known characters and actors first, and think the shots of JV and TG shirtless are over-the-top tacky for an opener. Annie/JR/Colby just breezed by in a nano-second. Didn't like that at all.

• Members

LOL @ Kendall's side shot -- her getting all ghetto and yelling at someone. I didn't notice that at first. But how fierce is the Erica shot of her twirling around in that dress?? Loves it!

I also wish they would have featured the photo album more prominently. The title needs to be on the cover!

Oh, and yeah -- at second viewing the end shot of Erica, Bianca and Kendall is a little odd. They're all cracking up and watching something. What/who are they watching?

• Members

I have to mention, I like that the audience was inside the photo book and is being taken outside of it in the final shot, when the camera pulls out from within the moving pages. It's a new twist on the photo album idea, which has always been the photos fall into the book or come out (and become animated) to present themselves to the audience and go back in all before the book closes on the photos. Well, I guess except for the wonderful 2002-2003 opening. Oh, how I miss it.

And the shot of Cosgrove fixing his collar is very Palmer-esque from the last opening! LOVE.

• Members

It's hard to figure out whether I like this opening or not; there are a few negatives, but honestly I think it sort of beats the current one we have. I never understood why the current opening sequence starts off with a photo album, filled with photos of the cast shot in what seems to be in some dark dingy warehouse with a window, and then cutting to the end where photos are flying around in the sky or outside. The sequence itself was just one big clusterf*ck in my opinion, it lacked consistency.

While General Hospital's is flawlessly produced, it's just too cookie cutter for my taste though. Shots of the actors and the places/their homes behind them, seems more like something that would fit OLTL better.

OLTL's current opening is bad, using words "OLTL" and "Life" as special affects is just cheap and unoriginal paired with those shots of that time the show went on location back in 2003...cheap and uninspiring.

A few negatives about the new opening though; it is rather disappointing that we don't have cast shots anymore, and what even bothers me more are the absence of seeing photos of the cast-both past and present, like we did in the beginning of of the 2002 and 2003 openings. Photos such as a young Susan Lucci or a young Ruth Warrick, while I dislike the 2003 opening, I did enjoy little that touch to the opening.

Nothing will ever beat the gold AMC opening of 2002 though, IMO. I wonder with this new opening, will we get the "dun dun dun" back?

Which reminds me, I think the themes for all three ABC soaps suck, from OLTL's bastardization of their 1996 theme, to AMC's techno-light remix of the 1990 opening, to finally that out of control sax present in the current GH theme; if it aint broke dont fix it. The originals were fine to begin with.

Archived