Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He falls into bed with Lauren within about a month of Traci going off to school. He kissed Jill a few times as well just as Traci left. 

I think there was good reason why the Lisa Mansfield story happened. It was to show what Brad was capable of, he wasn't innocent. It kept his motives towards Traci up in the air. One person could feel he was totally devoted and loved Traci while another could feel Jack, Lauren and Jill were right about his motives. 

Of course Brad would defend his marriage and love for Traci, why would he ever admit he was using her. And I'm not saying he didn't love her, but again he forgot about her real quick in the summer of 87.

More so, when Traci comes back in 1990, Brad doesn't suddenly remember his true deep love for her. He wants to marry Ashley and only starts paying Traci attention again once Ashley marries Victor. Even then he makes it clear he wants no reconciliation with Traci, then she becomes pregnant, even then he doesn't make a firm comittment until Traci is in the hospital. The second marriage was a disaster. Brad basically ignored and neglected Traci until she left town. Once Brad had inherited Cassandra's wealth, once he became Newman's right hand man and was no longer answerable to the Abbott's, his attitude and interest in Traci dropped real quick. 

Once Traci was out of the picture, Brad was back pursuing Ashley and Lauren. I think once Brad was independantly wealthy and professionally secure, we see him more clearly. 

Edited by will81

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Something I cool I just discovered, This channel has  two clips of Jill/Liz/Katherine and Nina/Victoria from 7/30/93, In English!

Please register in order to view this content

I uploaded this full episode to the vault but only in French, so it's great to hear some of the scenes in English, considering Liz's 1993 return is pretty rare!

• Members

Mamie's upcoming return has me remembering her 1999 return. Does anyone recall that she offered Jack some of her money to get Jabot back but Jack refused to take her money? There was a scene during Mamie's 1999 return where Mamie told Jill she spent the entire $1M that Jill gave her but Mamie really turned that $1M into multiple millions, thus offering some of her money to Jack.

Edited by kalbir

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Did we ever hear what the “different kind” of anniversary show will be? 

Thank you! I finally had a chance to watch. There's such a through-line with Liz's character after 20 years... "Look at me, girl!!" It could be 1973 or 1993  Why oh why did MAB have to pull the "stunt" in 2010 of killing Liz off, just so David Hasselhoff could return for a few eps  Liz should still be on the show, as the only original cast member, dispensing needed wisdom to all the younger foolish characters.

• Members

I so agree with you  MAB probably thought she was "honoring history" (her favorite line to say during her reign of terror) With killing off yet another Matriarch of the show, the same way LML shamefully killed off John Abbott, 4 years before....

God bless Julianna M. though. I think she's 94 now, but still responds at the Y&R FB group!