• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nope.

Siena had been recast by that point.

The Trey stuff wasn't bad (it was a typical soap story).

It was Liv (and everyone else) going under the bus for Malcolm that hurt the story.

Liv/Malcolm weren't bad but their relationship pretty much was used as a placeholder Shemar (that conveniently kept him away from the white actresses)

Yep.

Actually it didn't.

Neil/Alex/Malcolm didn't happen until the middle/end of the next year.

No.

Liv never slept with Neil (at that point).

But Malcolm THOUGHT they slept together which he used as an excuse to cheat with Callie.

Serena was to have a longer run which ended early cause Y&R was happy to have Vicki back.

• Members

Alex was alright she was certainly a woman of power in her own right, a pretty high-priced lawyer in the vain of Leslie. The problems of course were the cliche's, like Olivia being on the defense against Alex while we ended up with Neil/Alex/Malcolm. We had Neil and Alex barely stand each other and then have an affair. Malcolm's disappearance and presumed death was...um well its been said Y&R lost a million viewers when Shemar left, but really its easy to see how the Africa story could see how it could drive away a million viewers.

• Members

Unfortunately Alexia didn't have Angell's star power (nor much chemistry with Kristoff & Shemar)

To be fair Liv's dislike of Alex really was about her issues with Malcolm.

Malcolm's death wasn't the problem. It was the forced love triangle (just like with Neil/Sofia/Malcolm).

Add that to losing Vicki/Shemar, Neil being relatively underwritten (despite Kristoff's good performances) & Liv being almost destroyed & it's easy to see why ratings fell so much.

• Members

Besides the Africa story we had Amanda/Mac/Ralph stalker tale, Nick/Sharon/Diego/Grace, Paul/Isabella etc. It was pretty boring actually, and it lead some changes with the writing line-up ie bringing in Jack Smith.

I agree, and I've always felt that Moore's exit was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for many after seeing these characters being mishandled or discarded.

• Members

I did take issue the whole the "Sharon is an irrational whore nailing the not so single Diego so its okay that Nick shacks up with Grace" mentality at the time. However in retrospect I think it was pretty tame considering anything since 2008. I was just very disappointed we got more contrived infidelity and that Sharon was made out to be the bad one following the death of the baby.

• Members

I don't think Ralph/Amanda was a bad idea at all; it was pretty much a given that one or both of them would eventually show up and cause drama. It was just fulfilling of storyline potential. There was a lot to be milked between Mac and Amanda's dynamic, even without Ralph's presence.

Of course, one has to wonder how absolutely great it would be if Ash Bash got to play this. As she should have.