Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for posting that Carl!, I PM'd that guy on youtube if he has any classic Y&R episodes himself to upload (since he posted the commercial breaks from a few 1994 episodes) but he hasn't gotten back to me yet....

I have a question regarding the Cole story, Did Nikki realize that Eve was his mother? When i read old messages from the google archieves, fans were complaining that Nikki seemed to have forgotten all about the Horrors that Eve put her through and didn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out Eve was Cole's mom. Apparently there was also an episode when Eve called the ranch and Nikki spoke to her without any fear at all. Considering then it was only 10 years since the hell Nikki had been through with Eve, it shouldn't have been so hard for Nikki to figure that out.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Gotta love this:

I've heard the biggest complaint about Eve Howard's return was the way Eve was remembered/written for as a lot was apparently swept under the rug and Eve was reformed for the most part. Then again being gone for a decade does have its advantages. Aside from very unsuccessfully trying to kill Nikki on her wedding, I believe most of Eve's schemes were carried out against Victor and Julia. Then again I do recall reading Eve had an affair to remember with Rick Daros while they were in the mental hospital together but how involved was Eve in the main Rick Daros story?

I've always thought Alison Bancroft was more terrifying than Eve anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for posting this article about Brenda carl! I love her Ashley, even if she did play it differently than Eileen

Thats very sad about her father, i had no idea.

It's funny how she was on B&B I think she would have done good with Kristen too back then (or even now) i think Teri Ann Lynn looked like her a lot too.

It's funny how she talk about maintaining to Eileen's strength's when the irony is that she was a totally different Ashley. not that it was a bad thing.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

It's so tough for me to ever see Ashley as strong, whoever plays her, but they did change her personality. I usually don't see the resemblance to Eileen but I definitely do in that photo with Victor and Leanna. I'm glad they changed her hair and clothing after a while.

I wish I could see a clip of her with Terry Lester.

• Members

Brenda Eppersonwub.png

I've always thought Ashley must be a difficult character to write for her because she was so many things. When she wasn't weak and crazy she's cold and bitchy and Epperson captured some of Davidson's coolness from time to time as Y&R's secondary heroine(second to Nikki of course). Yet Ashley always maintained a collected, quiet maturity and warmth at the same time, more so with Epperson. That was one of the problems with Shattuck was she was too--with regards to Victoria Newman--brash and sassy to be Ashley.