Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agreed, I feel like most of the time it's hard to know what Brad's true motives were. He definitely was a man whore, but was he genuinely a good guy? I remember reading in some of Carl's 1992 synopses where Victor had that stroke after confronting Jack about taking over Newman, Well when Victor got better, he forgave Jack for "saving him" yet Brad was also helping Jack, but Victor (from what i read) never seemed to find that out. I also read that he wanted Newman just to become rich. He already had Cassandra's fortune, so why would that matter? So i guess what i'm trying to say is that Brad seemed to weasel his way out of anything he did against Victor but always kissed Victor's ass.

• Members

Deedee what did you think of Miles and Margaret, and the whole Cricket helping the old people from getting evicted in 1993? I was foutunate to get and upload episodes involving that storyline, and i think it was pretty cheesey, but those two actors playing Miles and Margaret are very fun (Parley Baer and Maxine Stuart I believe)

Also what was Bernadette like? The woman who Danny starred in Joseph with and kind of had a thing for him. No surprise that she was probably named after Bernadette Peters. Was she originally suppose to be someone who they had in mind to become more like Phyllis, before Phyllis was on the show?

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Bill probably should have done either a Lauren/Paul/Brad triangle or Lauren/Paul/Lynne triangle. I know he was just trying to give his daughter something to do, but did he ever consider the possibility that Lauralee needed a break after leading all of those stories? Cricket obviously should have been more of a supporting character in 1994,

What makes it worse is that Danny was ruined when he got with Phyllis. I never would picture Phyllis hooking up with Danny if that story wasn't ever done.

I have a curious question. Did Rex have anything to say about Phyllis when she came to town. I know Rex died December 1994, and Phyllis arrived two months earlier in October, so Rex still had little time to interact with her if he did. Do you think they would have made Rex a more prominant character towards Phyllis as her early story continued if they didn't kill him off?

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Nope.

The problem was that Lauralee couldn't act (at least not on par with Doug) & Paul (like Danny) suffered from it.

Paul had a ton of history with other characters & could have been paired with any actress on the show (at that point) yet he was stuck (even in stories about him) as a Cricket babysitter.

Pretty much.

• Members

Yes thanks for finding this rare episode Carl! smile.png

I thought that was a nice scene between Lauren and Joanna. I have a question though, Was Joanna involved in any of Lauren's relationship with Scott? and was Joanna being absent during the rest of Lauren's first run on Y&R (mainly the Sheila stuff) the reason why Lauren was so angry at Joanna when she returned in 2005? I think it's kind of Ironic and funny that Joanna says to Lauren that not being apart of her life made Lauren do terrible things, but when Jill and Lauren went to court last summer and Joanna returned for that one day, she pretty much said the same thing, but said it was the reason Lauren became a Brat. It's funny that Maria was only clever to remember that basic piece of information to create such a horrible rewrite.

I liked the Victor and Nikki scenes too, They actually looked happy and in love, which is rare to see considering this was after Victor and Ashley had already hooked up.

I didn't realize that Matt and Ashley were that close?, Was there any serious major fallout between Victor and Matt? The clips i have seen of them, they are usually civil to each other.

Eileen looked so weird in those glasses.

I was shocked to see Julia. I know that she made appearances throughout the 80's

but thought she was gone by this time (for now)

The only annoying thing about this episode is for some reason they seem to be only using two background cues that keep repeating. It's weird to say they almost seem too generic for that time. Also i swear one of them was used on B&B. I feel like i'm watching a Y&R classic on soapnet since soapnet is known for changing music and such. Which is why i want to see more classic Y&R episodes on soapnet but i don't want to see more classic episodes on soapnet.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

I can't wait to watch the 1986 episode. I did what you said you've also done, and asked the uploader to upload the episode the ads were in. I can't believe it actually happened. ohmy.png

A 1987 episode is also being uploaded, by another user.

I love Jack's (even then) very dated reference to Pac-Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ghxc4Nux8

• Members

As for JoAnna, I think Susan Seaforth was back on DAYS on a contract basis starting in 1989 (was it 1989?), and stayed there until early 1993. That covered a lot of Lauren's relationship with Scott.

Who is that bad acting woman staring at the camera talking about what Michelle took from her?

Is that the teen pregnancy story?

Oh, this has a credits sequence I hadn't seen before (the one of Mary Williams - I think that's Mary - is very striking).

Edited by CarlD2