Missed Couple Opportunities

• Members

Austin-and-Greta-days-of-our-lives-69570_204_300.jpg

Austin and Greta on Days! My goodness these two were awesome and had soooooo much buildup, only to have the show do NOTHING with them and put him back with Sami. I cant beleive we had to endure that horrible Garden of Eden story and they couldnt give them a decent payoff. The coronation was perfect and that should have been used to bring them together as a couple. I really hated how Days handled them

Austin-and-Greta-days-of-our-lives-69574_278_418.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really seemed to be building Austin/Greta as a rooting couple, and then... nothing. That pretty much sums up the entirety of the Langan era, though. It was a lot of promising setup and almost no payoff. I seriously think Princess Gina was the ONLY story that progressed to a climax, resolved, and then fed into a new story. Almost everything else just kind of... ended. I think that's why Cwikly & Brash seemed so exciting: they immediately took hold of all these dangling story threads, made sense of them, and resolved them.

• Members

YES!

Also YES!

Others that spring to mind:

JR & Kendall, AMC

NuDel & Amanda, AMC

Dusty & Bonnie, ATWT- I liked them together & they had nice chemistry. NuBonnie got a raw deal. :angry:

Holden & Molly, ATWT

Nicholas & Kate, DAYS- Bring. Back. Victor. Webster!

Cord & Blair, OLTL

Max & Skye, OLTL

Cruz & Julia, SB- Always felt SB should have paired him with Julia rather than Kelly. A Martinez & Nancy Lee Grahn always had fire chemistry on the show.

Ted & Angela, SB- Should've been endgame

Brad & Sharon, Y&R :wub:- Another HUGE Y&R blunder. They missed the boat on these two. DD & SC had mad chemistry.

JT & Nikki, Y&R

• Members

Erica and Tad were pretty much my mom's favorite characters back in the day and she was fond of recalling Tad's line to Erica that they "would never work" as they were too much alike.

People always used to say Dorian and R.J., I say too slimy of a pair, Dorian and Hank would have been better (Nora jealousy, Rachel hate, Hank the D.A., Dorian the "criminal"...).

• Members

Once they got back to Salem after the coronation it seemed liked TPTB were going for a quadrangle with Greta/Austin/Sami/Brandon. But then Greta and Brandon were moved to Jack and Jennifer's story while Austin and Sami were backburned the entire summer. Then during the fall they started with Austin and Nicole working together at Titan which made Sami jealous.

• Members

Jack and Sami, DAYS

If nothing else I wanted them to have sex. Jennifer's behavior was so disgusting that I felt he needed that "redemption" to reverse her relentless emasculation of him.

Besides, it would have been fun to watch the two of them try to out-scheme one another.

Steve

• Members

Some that come to mind:

Passions: Gwen Hotchkiss and Hank Bennett, BIG WASTE THERE, considering that both the actors who played Hank (Dalton James, and Ryan McParklin), both had awsome chemistry with the actresses who played Gwen (Liza Huber and Natalie Zea) when he would flirt with her. That would have saved Gwen big time from the Ethan and Theresa Saga, but unfortunately JERk loved that triangle and turning Gwen into a psycho :(

Jared and Theresa also had potential, but again JER "Loved" E/T/G.

Days: I know its too late, but i could have seen Arianna and Phillip as a couple, i think they would have looked good together.

GH: i think they are kind of wasting putting Ethan and Kristina together. I know they have flirted a few times but unfortunately no sparks have come out of that, However the BIG waste is the fact that Michael and Kristina could ever be a couple. Ignore the fact that they are "related" but i have always felt something more between them then brother and sister, unfortunately Guza and his mob obsessed nonsense is butchering that fact.

Y&R: Billy and Abby could have been a fun couple, I know that they are related too, but i cant help but notice that chemistry they had, which again is more than a niece and uncle relationship.

B&B: i know its barely started yet, but i hope that Dayzee and Marcus wont be wasted.

Archived