November 1-5, 2010

Toups

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no such thing as too late to post. I'm not sure why ratings are being posted on Fridays instead of Thursdays, however everyone knows that when it comes to ratings people eagerly look forward to them. If Marceline has the info then it's safe to assume Toups has them as well. It would be nice if the ratings were posted as soon as the information is received instead of having people subjected to waiting for no apparent reason.

• Members

I agree, although I could care less when they come out personally.

I'm appreciative too of Toups and all he does but this is a site that reports soap news and is also the only site that reports the soap ratings as they are. If the information has been recieved, then it should be reported in a timely manner. There is plenty of staff to do that if Toups or whomever is busy. He can just pass the info on. There was a few times in the past where Toups held off so he could eat. That is not something I would say on here because it makes people think the site doesn't take it's responsibility very seriously. I know it's just ratings but ratings are something exclusive to SON and, if your running a site like this one, you don't make people wait for reasons like that or you at least don't tell people you have to eat as a reason. Just lie and say you don't have the time or something is going on. Make up something. I mean no disrespect (although I know this will be taken that way) but if a site wants to be sought out for breaking news and such, then you don't just sit around on something and wait once your sources have confirmed it or you have the info. It hurts how people see your site. Not in today's climate where there are so many sources and it's only a matter of time before someone else gets a ratings source and starts taking coverage away from here. So far, this site is the only place to get the ratings but, if someone else ever was able to have a ratings source, I would think they wouldn't sit around and wait if they have the info.

Again, I mean no disrespect. As I said, it's not like I'm dying to see the ratings. They are just going to become worse and worse. I'm more or less just discussing how cavalierly the ratings seem to be dealt with and, to a degree, other things too like news and such.

• Members

This is the most laughable post I've seen on this board. "subjected to waiting for no apparent reason". Really? Are you being tortured waiting for the ratings? Are you being victimized by Toups? Yeah, the ratings are the equiv of getting a CT scan or HIV test? Good grief, people, get a grip.

• Administrator

Okay....so what do you think I do? If I receive the ratings in the afternoon, I'm going to decide to play PS3 instead? I'm just going to sit on it? Please don't tell me how or when I should publish the ratings. Sometimes I don't receive them on Thursdays. Sometimes I'm not home on Thursdays. Sometimes the ratings get published on Fridays. I don't set my life around ratings Thursdays. And your guilt trip isn't going to work.

I've been exclusively doing the ratings for 7+ years now, so forgive me when there are circumstances where I can't report the ratings ina "timely manner."

Well sorry for wanting to eat when I get home. The only time I will set my starvation aside is when there's breaking news, so I have to work and contact various sources to confirm the news. I see nothing wrong with joking around saying I'll get to the ratings after I eat - I've only done it a few times.

If everyone had to choose between eating food (when your starving, getting home from work) or taking the next 30 mins typing up ratings, doing the math, and continue your starvation, would they not choose the food? :)

• Members

Toups Xavier Eugene III(like your name I made up for you?)!! How dare you put eating, work & well, staying alive above posting the ratings in a timely manner!! FURTHERMORE you have some REAL gull to THEN be honest & joke about IT!!!!! Put down the damn fork and post the ratings!! I'll EXPECT them EVERY damn Thursday no later the 6p.m CENTRAL time! :mad:

jams' jokes :P

Um... So any word on those ratings?? :ph34r::lol:

• Members

I checked SON last night and went to bed after seeing no ratings. I woke up this morning and the world was still here. My soaps were still on the air. As veteran broadcaster Terry Wogan puts it 'Nobody died'

As I recall, Soap Opera ratings aren't due to be released until Friday anyway. Sometimes SON may get them early. If they do and don't post them right away, so what ? Life will go on.

• Members

As I said, I could care less when you post the ratings. It's not like I come into this thread week after week complaining about you being late with them or something. I mean, if you want to play PS3, go right ahead. I understand your life coming first but members shouldn't be penalized for that so there are ways to work around it where you can do what you do and the mmebers/board visitors can be happier.

Again, this is all merely a friendly suggestion from a longtime poster, not a guilt trip. Your not the only staff member on this board so, if you have stuff to do like eat/go out/etc, then send them the stuff (takes like 5 seconds to copy and paste) and have someone else handle it for that week. If you don't get the info, that is fine. Then you or another staff member can come into the thread and inform people that the info has not been recieved and that the wait will be longer than usual. If your going to make people wait, at least keep them informed instead of having them constantly refreshing or checking the thread for a day or two not knowing what is going on. It's just common courtesy and it prevents the countless posts asking when they will be posted. Or, how about just not starting a ratings thread until you actually post the info? The discussion is going to be there regardless so it doesn't matter if you hold off on the thread until later.

Just a little feedback (you are open to feedback/suggestions right?) based off the response of another poster. Sorry if you took offense. I mean, I know it's not the end of the world but SON is a soap news site and I just think more can be done to make the situation better. That's all.

Archived