OLTL: Discussion for the week November 8

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
There will be no triangle here... its a forgone conclusion that if Matthew gives Destiny 1/2 an eye she will dump Darren... its as sure as Matthew rejecting Destiny and running straight to Danielle the minute it was said that Danielle was coming to town.

• Members
Agreed...

Again I agree... Danielle didn't want Matthew so now he is free to grace Destiny with his boyfriendship and who wouldn't pick white Matthew over black Darren... I hope this doesn't happen because while I like Destiny and Matthew and was all for them, I like Darren with Destiny and I doubt I will see Destiny as nothing more than the choice for Matthew since he didn't get what he wanted... Destiny is second fiddle with Matthew where as she's first choice with Darren.

• Members

I'm still enjoying the show although Marty is just coming off as crazy! They definitely should have down played her revenge instead of the crazy eyed revelation that i'm sure is coming...

The Fords are bothering me less, go figure.

Clint/Echo/Rex- very interesting so far. Although Clint having known for over a year... eh. At least they tried to explain it.

Gigi has always been annoying, but I suppose her whole schtick has been amusing lately. I thought Dorian's convo with her was pretty funny... mwhaha.

• Members

I hate singing on soaps as a rule especially when they try to oversell/overproduce a performance. Today was just a daughter singing a heartfelt song of appreciation to her mom and it rang more sincere and poignant than the Starr Crossed lovers numbers. KM has a nice, sweet voice, not perfect and she sold it without melodramatic pretentions which was helpful. Flor nailed her scenes as the tears pouring down Tea's face were swell of pride and love. Very nice moment and I too liked the camera panning to couples and their little moments of connection.

Carlotta being MIA and Cristian not even bothering to call Tea once again bugged me, too. But I did love that it was Viki, TnT's greatest advocate, was allowed to "officiate" their vows renewal. I am hopeful RC has now ceased Tea's forced isolation to prop up the contrived TAIR friendship crap.

• Members

Still pissed the buildup to Matt & Dani was thrown out b/c of Frons' fetish for himbos. I also think the dynamics of Destiny/Matt/Dani could have been really good material to play out, especially to complicate Des & Dani friendship. Now they are written like Starr & Langston and yuck, that's boring, no conflict which is a miss as these two actresses spark when battling.

Darren has annoyed me since DAY ONE. He's OLTL's Spinelli, another character I DETEST. While I see ZILCH chemistry between EA/SE, I'll gladly take Des/Matthew over Des/Darren any day.

Wow, had opposite reaction. I agree with whomever said Kelly comes off really butch and Rex too feminine.

I actually found Cris & Gigi's kiss pretty hot.

• Members

I like Darren, and I really like there being an upper-class black family (the Prices) opposite the working-class Evanses, to demonstrate different types of people within a race other than Caucasian. I just wish there was more meat on the bones for this and for all these characters - I'd give Tonye Patano a lot more to do, too - and that they were actually bothered with beyond the skeleton of concepts, and that Shenell Edmonds would improve faster. Her emotional scenes when she learned Greg was her father were well-performed, but she's still very one-note to me otherwise.

• Members

It was great to see a Llanview party and everyone dressed up, but I was expecting a little more drama coming out of it.

I am so loving Clint/Echo, I think he's met someone that can go toe to toe with him, should be interesting to see how all of this unfolds.

Oh God, what the hell, I am actually warming up to Rex and Kelly. :blink:

• Members

Yes, I caught that and it seemed so awkward, like a giant imaginary hand just picked her up and placed her there. Matthew: I'll take you home. / Darren: The hell you will... :P

As for the clothes, I see what they were going for, but I thought the semi-formal Wiccan glam look fell flat. I didn't like that Viki and Echo were in black (yes, I know -_- ), but I think Dorian won the prize for best dressed. She was glamorous without looking all patchouli like most of the others. Natalie and Destiny had on that pretty blue.

Did you all hear Rex yelling, "Echo? Echo?" in the background? :P When they were all standing around watching Dani sing, it looked like Kelly was about to spill her champers on him. GT's a pretty sexy drunk kisser, with Gigi it was like, "Oh God, here-come-dem-lips, here-come-dem-lips, here-come-dem-lips..."

I was really prepared for bad business when Clint and Echo were up on the roof fussing. :unsure: Uhhh, I wouldn't put anything past Clint after today.

If Starr crumbles to her knees for the third day in a row tomorrow (I'm guessing after boning James) I will have a good LOL.

Marty is officially my new favorite person in Llanview. :D I wish they would have done a montage of her showering and dressing, spritzing on perfume, et cetera, with a huge [!@#$%^&*] eating grin on her face as she prepared for the party. :lol:

• Members

I like the concept, too, Vee. Theo can stay as I like an upper class minority guy choosing to be a cop story. I'd like to see him and Shaun's backstory told. SE is better but heavy drama is not her forte. I've been chanting DIE DARREN DIE after that driver's ed horrific episode so we disagree there.

• Members

I know asking for two more black parents is asking way too much, but I sure wouldn't mind it. Janet Hubert would have fit that bill nicely as well, and Petronia Paley or Trazana Beverley would make an awesome bitchy Dorianesque grandmother who belongs to the club.

• Members

Starr didn't seem that upset about Cole leaving when she pulled James into a kiss with her. Jmo, James should have been the one to kiss her, not the other way around!! That just made her look bad to me.

I think Rex and Kelly are great together. Gigi and Cristian, not so much....I like Mattew/Destiny/Darren. Darren needs to step up his game lol! What do people think of Langston/Ford?

ETA: This is a random place to say this but I just noticed this (new?) emoticon jeal0002.gif if it's always been there, I didn't see it until now. LOL.

Archived