OLTL: Discussion for the week November 8

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haven't you all noticed that Rex and Kelly are the same person save for their naughty bits? :unsure: It's like watching someone have a scene with their neurotic barely opposite-sexed self. GT and JPL have the same frenetic energy, the same blond highlights and dark brows, the same tense-raised-Jackie Mason shouldered line delivery, they just schtick together li-li-li-li-like GLUE. :blink:

• Members

This Clint/Rex thing makes little sense. Why would he deny Rex and hate him so much, yet accept Natalie? She came from the same trailer as he did, raised by drunk Roxy. She came to town to hurt his family and get her hands on their money. She's cause quite a bit of trouble and was no different than Rex. Considering all the things she's done to his Princess Jessica, Im surprised he doesnt hate her as well. Kevin and Joey arent even his biological kids yet he embraced him. The show isnt quite selling me on Clint actually hating and wanting nothing to do with Rex as his son

WTF, now he was a perfect match for Shane when he had cancer? Why the F didnt he do anything to save that kid?

LOL at Dorian's phone convo with Gigi

Langston's dress is ugly. Not a fan of Teas's either

Natalie looks beautiful.

• Members

I can't believe Clint has known about Rex until very, very recently. That I can handle. But for his past, and especially Shane's leukemia - no, I don't believe he wouldn't act had he known.

Kelly and Rex are such a train wreck waiting to happen, but I do kind of want it to happen for drama's sake. They're the same kind of neurotic, self-obsessed people who need to make that kind of a mess. In terms of a real coupling, though? No.

Eddie's faux-Cajun accent right out of The Waterboy is hysterical. I love him.

• Members

Kelly Missal has a nice voice. I liked her singing and the montage

I really hae that they recasted Carlota and have barely utilized her bc she should be involved in all of Tea's recent big moments. She was like a mother to her and it feels wrong that she's MIA

• Members

I thougth that at fist but listening to it over, I dont think he threatened her life. He said that she wouldnt live long enough to see Rex again. I think thats referring tot eh fact that he was just threatening to send Rex to prison for a long time for corporate espionage and would ensure that he'd see the maximum sentence. I think he was meaning that Rex would be in jail so long that by the time Rex were released, she'd dead

• Members

That's what I'm talking about Raht Thurr. ABC shafted Matthew and Dani, but decided the 'inferior guy' could be put with 'inferior girl' (read: BLACK) as a consolation prize. The logic is clear and very nasty.

I am not opposed to a Matthew/Destiny pairing or preferably a quad with them, Dani and Darren. But the way this is being done is so sleazy because it basically insinuates that if you don't cut it in the abs dept they'll shrug you off into the backburner, the only place ABCD truly allows interracial romance. For that matter, there's also the implication that white Matthew would be a preferred man for Destiny over Darren, the black kid.

I have no problem believing Darren is immature. Some of these issues are unintentional and often unavoidable, no matter how well you tell the story. But they're not telling those kids' story well, and that's what is highlighting the dissonance between the white characters and those of color. If they'd played a subtle triangle with Matt, Des and Dani all year long followed by Des getting w/Darren and now this, it'd be another story. As it is it's insensitive and clumsily done.

• Members

Maybe this is what he meant. I hope he wasn't threatening her life, because I think that would definitely going too far with him. I think they already have gone too far with him knowing he was a match for Shane.

I think that we might see a triangle between Darren/Destiny/Matthew as well. Darren is starting to act jealous of Matthew/Destiny. I could see Matthew and Destiny becoming closer to one another and Darren growing more jealous of them. And I lol'ed at Darren at the end, after he heard Matthew say he was going to drive Destiny home. :lol:

Archived