October 25-29, 2010

Toups

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, actually I think that's eventually the goal if LM & Co. sees that there is real promise./lots of profit LOL in the show. And if Y&R #s keeps trending the way they are with the sh***y storylines that most times trickle down to B&B losing points as well..let's just say Y&R being #1 means absolutely nothing to me right now just for the fact that CBS doesn't own it or produce it.

I can tell you The Talk is a hit here in South Florida.

• Members

Even at a 1.6, CBS is making a lot more money and, with time, The Talk might actually catch on and gain viewers. Was The View a big hit at the show's debut? View has been retool numerous times and there is little doubt that The Talk will under go similiar alterations. The Talk in it's current form is far from dead, pulling only slightly less viewers than those of OLTL or ATWT, but with considerably lower production costs.

Does anyone know what Tyra Banks ratings were for the final CW season? I bet she would have done far better on CBS as part of a programming block.

• Members

CBS doesn't tend to do all that well at renovations with their light talk show things. The last one I think worked for CBS This Morning (I know that's supposed to be news but I don't see it as news) was Harry Smith and Paula Zahn and Mark McEwen. Everyone since then has been a mixed bag, to put it kindly, even with a name change.

All they really need to do is get rid of Remini, and I would also say Robinson-Peete and Winakour, and just replace them with a rotating guest panelist for each week.

• Members

'Cuz it sounds good. Because they're showing how they're faring against another network show. They're not comparing themselves against syndicated shows or shows airing in different timeslots (i.e. The View), because that wouldn't make sense or be fair or logical. But they can compare their network-owned show against another network-owned show that airs at the same time period as their own. Makes sense to me.

Although... I thought it was funny how ABC used to compare GH's ratings to GL's, when GL aired at 10am/9am on so many of the big affiliates (NYC, Chicago, etc.). Oh well. That's spin for ya.

Also, these numbers *are* decent for a new talk show, considering it's the year 2010.

• Members

Why would they have to point that out in the ratings. The people who know and need to know that sort of financial stuff are probably already trying to convince them that having soaps they don't own and that are no longer doing as well as they were and this is just in the last 2 years) is a lost cause and there is no profit in them. But perhaps because they consider Y&R and B&B to be "special" and their relationship w/the Bells they are still around. Though I don't know how "special" they are anymore. I actually think they currently like B&B more.

• Members

Yeah but OLTL isn't exactly seen as a powerhouse. The show has always been treated as ABC's "other" soap, whether that's fair or not.

If they are saving money and if they are doing well in demos, then why not just focus on that, instead of some competition with a soap which has rarely been the type of known name GH or AMC once were.

This also means that if OLTL starts beating them in the demo, people might say, "Well, The Talk is tanking," even if that's not true.

• Members

I did notice from the chunks I saw, that already they seem to have told The Talk ladies to be much more combative and abrassive than last week (which, frankly, is smart because the "I love and respect you and everything you say" attitude last year was deathly even if it was meant to be a contrast to The View).

I thought The View was a respectable semi success in its first year?

Archived