Survivor 12: Panama - Exile Island

KMan101

• Members

If you are right, I hope it is Aras. I think overall he is more deserving as far as what he has done and him competing in the challenge when Cirie chose to sit out.

I like Cirie but I am not on the Cirie bandwagon as much as everyone else. She really lost me when she chose to sit out.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please! Survivor is not just a physical game. It's ALL political. So what if Cirie isn't that strong physically? She shouldn't win because of that? She's the best strategist out there. Her move to get out Courtney was BRILLIANT.

Cirie or Aras SHOULD win this game.

• Members

Shawn, I know that the game is both and if Cirie can make it to the end and win based on stategy then more power to her. My problem is when people want the challenges made easier for certain people or you hear the competitors complain becasue it is so hard. They knew that some of the challenges would be hard when they went there.

I don't have a problem with anyone not being able to win the challenges or anything. I do have a problem with a person not doing anything as there have been in the past and them making it to the end. And I do have a problem with anyone who sits out of a challenge. I automatically quit rooting for them at that point. That is when Cirie lost it for me along with many others. No matter what the odds are a competitor should never get so cocky that they think they can. I do hold that against all of them but Aras on that team. And I will be mad if one of them wins. I don't care what her reasoning was for sitting out.

• Members

Terry completely pissed me off tonight. I totally agreed with Aras when it comes to his mother being his rock. Just because you're 24 doesn't mean you can't have a strong relationship with your mother. I'm sorry but I personally feel every man's strongest relationship towards any female should be his mother first, followed by his wife. He really rubbed me the wrong way tonight :(

I'm happy to see Shane go bc he doesn't deserve to win - plus he even admitted to being carried through this game.

Courtney looked pissed except for when Shane talked - she's bitter.

I love love love how Cirie is working it to get the people Terry wants with him in the final 2 out. That is sooo smart, but I'm worried she may have no chance of winning if these people on the jury come together and realize she's the one stabbing them in the back....reminds me a lot of Danielle from BB3.

Danielle needs to be voted off next - she doesn't deserve to be in the top 3.

• Members

Andy, I don't think what Terry said was really meant to be taken seriously. I think he was trying to irk Aras. If Aras wife had been there Terry would have not given it to him. And the same thing about Danielle. Aras and Danielle have burned their bridges with Terry and they wouldn't have gotten anything out of him at that point.

And just one comment about what Terry did say. As a former married man, there is a different bond with a wife than with a man's mother. There is always a closeness with your mother but when the sexual love and the other love too take over the wife takes a more special place. The mother is always special but the wife does come in front. It is a completely different relationship. Also whether you take religious or secular vows when you take those vows - you promise put your wife before everyone else in your life. That is mother too.

Terry was right it is a special relationship. But I don't think that was what Terry based his decision on. Aras and Danielle weren't getting anything anyway.

And I will say as to Courtney being pissed off - Shane will be now too. If Terry can make it to the final 2 he has a good shot at winning the money now. Before he had no chance at all. But right now he has probably got at least 4 of the 5 jury member's votes. Courtney or Shane I don't think will vote for them anymore.

At this point Aras, Danielle or Cirie have got to get rid of Terry or he has got the money I believe.

I am completely in Terry's corner - more than ever now. A man who can get to the finals without one alliance after the merge deserves to be there. The vote has gone against him every week, and thanks to his physical prowess - he has made it.

• Members

Steve - good points - and I picked up on Terry trying to get under Aras' skin and shake him a little - but to me telling Aras that his mother isn't as special to him as Terry's wife is to Terry just rubbed me the wrong way...and to say that just because he's 24 and doesn't understand also irritates me. Just the fact that he'd throw that in Aras' face to try to shake him up pissed me off. I didn't like it and it really isn't smart of Terry to make enemies or piss people off that he wants voting for him in the end. To a degree I understand why he'd want to emote cockiness, but then again he's crossing the line bc like I said, these people have to eventually vote for him in the end. I just think his argument with Aras tonight was completely tacky.

• Members

Ugh. Terry was an [!@#$%^&*] tonight. I guess sex means more to him than his own mother. He could of been trying to get Aras' goat but the fact is, he was still an ass. I was with Aras on that issue. Terry gave a lousy excuse for picking who he did to get the family visit. Shane, to me, was the right choice. It was such a fitting end to his story. I loved Shane being blindsided, LOL. And the jury's faces... anyone see that, they were flabbergasted! I loved it!

What kills me is that anyone of the four could win! We have no Lydia, Darrah, Butch... I think Danielle loses whoever she is up against if she ends in the two. Courtney hates her. Shane hates her. Terry could win hands down but he really hasn't played the best political game, so that could bite him in the ass. Aras is the perfect winner next to Terry so I hope either of them takes it.

To me, Cirie has no chance of being taken to the finals because she is just too well liked. Argh...

• Members

I agree with a lot of it. But to me the reason I let Terry get by with being a little cocky is because he really has nothing to lose. He knows none of them like him and no matter what he does most of them have already made up their minds. When they came into the merge with that low of numbers all of them knew from seasons past that the odds were against them. When they all stuck together no matter what they tried - the game was done. The odds of Terry winning are totally against him no matter what. To him that tribe seems tight and all the votes are locked up against him. His only game is to carry the game and beat them at it (on the physical stance).

He can't be a political player because he just don't have the numbers for an alliance. It didn't pay for any of them to align with him at all. Never did. Even the best he had to offer - the immunity idol wasn't enough of a bargaining chip. When it didn't work he had nothing left. His game had to be what he is doing - to act cocky and to make them pick one another off. Sadly Cirie, Aras and Danielle have played it badly in that they angered 2 of their big allies right off - and very badly at that - blindsiding them. That is usually not forgotten very easy. That hopefully will work in Terry's favor in the end.

And as to Terry being cocky - all of the others have played it way too cocky for my liking. All of them have sat there and felt so secure in winning this game - even Aras and Cirie. They felt from the day the merge happened they had this game in the bag. I was so glad to see like tonight when Shane felt he had nothing to worry about at all - he got fooled. I can't wait for the cocky bastards to all find out they have something to worry about. Because next week either Cirie or Aras or Danielle have got to go. Because even if Terry loses next week he has got the idol. Out it comes and one of them doesn't make it to the final 3.

Terry is not my favorite Survivor ever, but I like him because he has shown all of them that it wasn't going to be as easy as they thought. And he is the ultimate Survivor to me because he has everything against him - even age is not on his side - but he pushes it every week and comes out the victor. He went in to this knowing what he had to do and has not failed once.

And one last thing as to Terry and the reward. You better believe that if one of the others had won, Terry didn't know that he wouldn't have gotten anything. He was pretty much destined to go to Exile Island every week for rewards unless he was on the winning team. That is what made all of them mad is they just can't beat him. He is beating them at their own game. I didn't care for his excuse he gave either. I just wished he would have told them plain that they wouldn't have gone no matter what. And why did he have to make an excuse anyway - Cirie didn't have to make an excuse the week she chose to send Courtney and Shane back to the camp and Terry to exile island. Or even the week before that when someone else won and Cirie had to go back to camp. She didn't like it when they came back with their rewards and gifts from home. They just didn't like it that Terry had the power.

• Members

Cirie is so likeable, but I am not sure if she deserves to win. The only thing she's done was survive when she was one of the only older ladies left. But that was more luck because she didn't really lose a challenge to get voted off...did she? Maybe she lost one and talked her way out of getting voted off once. I don't know. Lovable yes. But a great player? Eh. Great strategist? Eh.

Aras - a good player. He must have forged some excellent relationships to still be there.

Danielle - Meh. What has she done?

Terry - Hands down should be the winner of this Survivor. Hands down.

1. Terry

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~