The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

^ Last week was one of the best weeks of the entire series. I think it would be hard to top that.

But yeah it would be nice to see the individual groups making some headway. So far the only interesting part has been Tyrese and the girls finding Carol and a potentially safe haven.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Glenn had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel when he was on that bus, yet he got off, found his way back to the prison and was healthy enough to climb up a level to safety? What's next? Headless Herschel returning?

Glenn and Maggie are a stupid selfish duo and I'm so very tired of them.

Wasn't particularly moved by the eppy tonight, so I'm gonna pass on TTD.

• Members

Seriously. Who the hell is Karen anyway? If she had three lines of dialogue the one episode she was in (and probably uncredited at that) I would be impressed. Tyrese liked her? Before this episode Tyrese himself was a non-entity.

Anyway, the creepy girl is the most interesting character on the show currently. Now that Carl is growing up too fast (and too tall) it will be up to Lizzie to carry on doing dangerous, tough and sort of psycho kid duties. Now I am wondering if maybe she killed our beloved Karen and if Carol was in fact just covering for her. Speaking of Carol, her return was a little too convenient. "I was in the neighborhood", really? Is that the best they could come up with?

I am happy to see Glen back to his scrappy self.

• Members

I don't think Maggie is "selfish" - she's in shock. Her father just died, horribly, in front of her, and she's obviously having PSTD (she zoned out at the bus and then went nuts, Rick-style on one of those walkers). I do think she would have mentioned Beth, but otherwise I bought it. Glenn is her touchstone.

The Daryl and Beth scenes were the least interesting part for me. Beth's old diary entry from early season 3 was a nice touch, but the scenes themselves dragged and I don't care about Daryl enough to invest in him on his own. Beth, well...Emily Kinney is a limited actress but I have a soft spot for Beth.

I have never been as scared watching this show as I was when Lizzie was smothering baby Judith. I had to fast-forward a little. I was terrified. Lizzie is just disturbed and I am increasingly convinced she killed David and Karen.

Carol's return was a little underwhelming, but nice to see her again, anyway. Melissa McBride did great work when Carol realized Tyreese was still in the dark about the murders.

I was hoping one or two of those guys would have survived the zombie pack.

Who knew Bob had such a nice body? I couldn't tell if he and Sasha had become a thing.

Enjoyed seeing Glenn managing to survive and thinking so smart. He broke my heart when he found out about Hershel. I like his pairing with Tara (always my favorite of that mess of people "Brian" found - too bad Martinez didn't survive too) and I hope they might become friends, that is if she makes it past next episode.

I thought the entrance of Abraham and his group was awful. It threw me out of the episode and he seemed like a weird, predatory cartoon. They apparently worked hard to recreate a comic book cover. Well, this is TV, no a comic book cover. Some anonymous woman in Daisy Dukes might be great on a comic. On the show she looked absurd.

• Members

Good episode, overall.

The opening scene was great. What an inspired thing, to pair such opposite individuals as Daryl and Beth. It should be interesting to see how many ways that implodes.

Maggie going through the bus was heart wrenching although Glenn's explanation that he got out of the bus was kinda thrown away and weak. But was worth it for the sight of him in riot gear laugh.png

I'm glad Judith's alive! Carol! How very soapy that Carol is now stuck with Tyrese.

WTF was that campy trio at the end? It felt like we suddenly stepped into DYNASTY-style acting. I hope that will change in the next episode lol

Great location work, btw. Really enjoying all the outdoors scenes we're getting to see. The train tracks was a particular favorite.

She did. She said she couldn't find Beth but she knows Glenn got out and which way he went, so she chose her best option.