Jump to content

DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, carolineg said:

I want to say Deidre had nice things to say about her when she passed, so I think they got along.  The internet is not giving me evidence to back this up, but I remember her saying kind words about her.  You know how co-workers are.  I don't get a long with everyone I work with, but that doesn't mean they are bad people.  I just don't like them lol.  I am sure MF was fine.

 

I mean, Leslie Jordan's opinion on Mary Frann is essentially based on appearing on Newhart for one episode in 1989. For all we know she could've had a crappy day and were just stand-off-ish towards him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forever8 said:

#OnThisDay in 1993, John and Marlena were drawn to each other at the hot springs #Jarlena #ClassicDays #Days

 

 

Image

  Back when Marlena/John were super hot and dead sexy.  Poor Roman!  Your wife actually prefers your imposter to you.  The Affair is probably my favorite Days story of all time.

14 minutes ago, te. said:

 

I mean, Leslie Jordan's opinion on Mary Frann is essentially based on appearing on Newhart for one episode in 1989. For all we know she could've had a crappy day and were just stand-off-ish towards him.

Yeah, I am not going to judge her entire character on one person's assessment of her, especially someone who only worked with her briefly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, vetsoapfan said:

I know this will sound caustic (I honestly don't mean it to be), but who the heck is Lesley Jordan, and why should we give credence to this person's assessment of Frann's character? I've honestly never heard anyone bad-mouth Frann in the last 50 years, LOL.

Amusingly, Leslie Jordan told the same tale about Mary Frann when he was on UK Celebrity Big Brother in 2014, and the message boards of that show were equally as defensive of Ms. Frann as those on this thread today.

https://filmboards.com/board/p/2313004/

 

Meanwhile, I went back to read about her character Amanda on DOOL.  Within a two year span she had a brain tumor and a hysterectomy.  It is no wonder she left Salem, next they would have taken a limb (lol).  It was interesting to read the origins of Neil and Don, two male characters that have always been interchangeable in my mind, which probably made Dr Greg Peters seem redundant.  Also, this may have been the only plot I've read that focused on Tommy Horton's medical prowess.  I've read so much about Bill's surgical talents that I forgot that Tommy was so skilled with a scalpel.

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, j swift said:

Amusingly, Leslie Jordan told the same tale about Mary Frann when he was on UK Celebrity Big Brother in 2015, and the message boards of that show were equally as defensive of Ms. Frann as those on this thread today.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, I went back to read about her character Amanda on DOOL.  Within a two year span she had a brain tumor and a hysterectomy.  It is no wonder she left Salem, next they would have taken a limb (lol).  It was interesting to read the origins of Neil and Don, two male characters that have always been interchangeable in my mind, which probably made Dr Greg Peters seem redundant.  Also, this may have been the only plot I've read that focused on Tommy Horton's medical prowess.  I've read so much about Bill's surgical talents that I forgot that Tommy was so skilled with a scalpel.

And I think at one point, she was so depressed by Neil's philandering, she walked herself into the sea to die by suicide. The hysterectomy was due to cancer so she had to terminate her pregnancy that was a WTD between Chris and Greg, as well. Yikes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, beebs said:

And I think at one point, she was so depressed by Neil's philandering, she walked herself into the sea to die by suicide. The hysterectomy was due to cancer so she had to terminate her pregnancy that was a WTD between Chris and Greg, as well. Yikes!

Didn't she also feel guilty because she had cheated on her dying husband with Neil and that played a part in her depression as well? lol

 

I wish some episodes of her were available to see.

Edited by AbcNbc247
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Didn't she also feel guilty because she had cheated on her dying husband with Neil and that played a part in her depression as well? lol

 

I wish some episodes of her were available to see.

Yep! And Neil wouldn't let up, as he is wont to do. Basically just drove her over the edge (and into the lake?)

One of her first episodes after her return in 1979 was the same 3-19-79 episode where Stephanie's in the hospital after trying to pan-fry her hands. But that's the only episode I've seen of hers. She comes off as quite likeable, from what little I see.

Edited by beebs
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Didn't she also feel guilty because she had cheated on her dying husband with Neil and that played a part in her depression as well? lol

I thought the hysterectomy was when she became pregnant after her affair with Chris Kositchek and Phyllis was the one who considered suicide because Neil wanted her to abort their child

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, j swift said:

Amusingly, Leslie Jordan told the same tale about Mary Frann when he was on UK Celebrity Big Brother in 2014, and the message boards of that show were equally as defensive of Ms. Frann as those on this thread today.

https://filmboards.com/board/p/2313004/

 

Meanwhile, I went back to read about her character Amanda on DOOL.  Within a two year span she had a brain tumor and a hysterectomy.  It is no wonder she left Salem, next they would have taken a limb (lol).  It was interesting to read the origins of Neil and Don, two male characters that have always been interchangeable in my mind, which probably made Dr Greg Peters seem redundant.  Also, this may have been the only plot I've read that focused on Tommy Horton's medical prowess.  I've read so much about Bill's surgical talents that I forgot that Tommy was so skilled with a scalpel.

 

Poor Amanda had an ectopic pregnancy, which was a sad story to watch. I had to roll my eyes, however, when she was wheeled into surgery for a brain tumor, wearing blue eye shadow, LOL. As far as I am concerned, Amanda's best love-match was with Neil Curtis. When she was moving out of town, Neil came to say goodbye and admitted that, "No one has ever touched me the way you did." It broke my heart.

 

As for Leslie Jordan, he strikes me as a bit of a sh*t-disturber, to be honest; someone who would start rumors just to stir the pot and get attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

Neil Curtis. When she was moving out of town, Neil came to say goodbye and admitted that, "No one has ever touched me the way you did." It broke my heart.

Neil was such an intriguing ne'er-do-well from the "Cass Winthrop School of Charming Cads", guys who had sketchy morals, but were never really evil.  I liked him with Linda and Phyllis.  His triangle with Liz and Marie was not great, (Marie was such a snooze that one failed to see her as a romantic rival to Liz).  And later being cuckolded by Carlo was a blow to the character's fate.  It is a shame that he was never paired with Anna, they would have been a formidable pair.  When Sarah returned was there mention if Neil was still alive?  Naming her baby after Micky was kind of a Neil erasure from history.

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, j swift said:

Neil was such an intriguing ne'er-do-well from the "Cass Winthrop School of Charming Cads", guys who had sketchy morals, but were never really evil.  His triangle with Liz and Marie was not great, and later being cuckolded by Carlo was a blow to the character's fate.  It is a shame that he was never paired with Anna, they would have been a formidable pair.  When Sarah returned was there mention if Neil was still alive?

 

7 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

 

 

The WORST, most asinine story ever devised for Neil was when the writers devised a convoluted mess  about Neil Curtis not actually being Neil Curtis, but an imposter who had stolen his identity. Never mind that the "real" Neil's father had seen him and would have noticed something was amiss; a stranger passing himself off as his son. It was illogical, poorly thought out and total garbage...and then abruptly dropped. Neil became Neil once again, and no one ever mentioned him being the imposter ever again. The plot was just erased from history.

 

I do not recall anyone mentioning Neil in decades.

Edited by vetsoapfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maggie and Sarah had a conversation when Sarah first returned in which they implied that Neil had died.  Something about Neil being proud that she had become a doctor.  I remember being annoyed because they seemed to cancel out Mickey raising Sarah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Maggie and Sarah had a conversation when Sarah first returned in which they implied that Neil had died.  Something about Neil being proud that she had become a doctor.  I remember being annoyed because they seemed to cancel out Mickey raising Sarah.

 

 

3 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

I did not see that scene between Maggie and Sarah.

 

Poor Mickey got cancelled out of all his kids' lives. It annoyed me to no end when later writers had Mike refer to Bill as "Dad," and Mickey as "Mickey," even though Mickey had been the father whom Mike had grown up with. I don't believe Mike would have or should have ever stopped referring to Mickey as "Dad." A donation of sperm does not a dad make.

 

Edited by vetsoapfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

The WORST, most asinine story ever devised for Neil was when the writers devised a convoluted mess  about Neil Curtis not actually being Neil Curtis, but an imposter who had stolen his identity. Never mind that the "real" Neil's father had seen him and would have noticed something was amiss; a stranger passing himself off as his son. It was illogical, poorly thought out and total garbage...and then abruptly dropped.

Even though Neil had an ever evolving backstory, from his time in South America with the Forenza family to his fathering of Sarah, "imposter Neil" was especially convoluted when you consider that Neil was a doctor in the 1970's and 80's.  Much like when OLTL Marco Dane impersonated his brother the doctor, or even when Samantha impersonated Marlena, pretending to be a medical professional before WebMD and Google seems like an unlikely feat to pull off.

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

As for Leslie Jordan, he strikes me as a bit of a sh*t-disturber, to be honest; someone who would start rumors just to stir the pot and get attention.

Let it also be noted that these stories were told on Celebrity Big Brother and Watch What Happens Live, which seem to revel in the nastier, the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 31

      Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

    2. 17

      Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

    3. 32,631

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    4. 1

      Days 5/10/21 weekly preview

    5. 6,626

      Another World

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy