DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back when Marlena/John were super hot and dead sexy.  Poor Roman!  Your wife actually prefers your imposter to you.  The Affair is probably my favorite Days story of all time.

Yeah, I am not going to judge her entire character on one person's assessment of her, especially someone who only worked with her briefly.

• Members

Amusingly, Leslie Jordan told the same tale about Mary Frann when he was on UK Celebrity Big Brother in 2014, and the message boards of that show were equally as defensive of Ms. Frann as those on this thread today.

https://filmboards.com/board/p/2313004/

Meanwhile, I went back to read about her character Amanda on DOOL.  Within a two year span she had a brain tumor and a hysterectomy.  It is no wonder she left Salem, next they would have taken a limb (lol).  It was interesting to read the origins of Neil and Don, two male characters that have always been interchangeable in my mind, which probably made Dr Greg Peters seem redundant.  Also, this may have been the only plot I've read that focused on Tommy Horton's medical prowess.  I've read so much about Bill's surgical talents that I forgot that Tommy was so skilled with a scalpel.

Edited by j swift

• Members

And I think at one point, she was so depressed by Neil's philandering, she walked herself into the sea to die by suicide. The hysterectomy was due to cancer so she had to terminate her pregnancy that was a WTD between Chris and Greg, as well. Yikes!

• Members

Yep! And Neil wouldn't let up, as he is wont to do. Basically just drove her over the edge (and into the lake?)

One of her first episodes after her return in 1979 was the same 3-19-79 episode where Stephanie's in the hospital after trying to pan-fry her hands. But that's the only episode I've seen of hers. She comes off as quite likeable, from what little I see.

Edited by beebs

• Members

Poor Amanda had an ectopic pregnancy, which was a sad story to watch. I had to roll my eyes, however, when she was wheeled into surgery for a brain tumor, wearing blue eye shadow, LOL. As far as I am concerned, Amanda's best love-match was with Neil Curtis. When she was moving out of town, Neil came to say goodbye and admitted that, "No one has ever touched me the way you did." It broke my heart.

As for Leslie Jordan, he strikes me as a bit of a sh*t-disturber, to be honest; someone who would start rumors just to stir the pot and get attention.

• Members

Neil was such an intriguing ne'er-do-well from the "Cass Winthrop School of Charming Cads", guys who had sketchy morals, but were never really evil.  I liked him with Linda and Phyllis.  His triangle with Liz and Marie was not great, (Marie was such a snooze that one failed to see her as a romantic rival to Liz).  And later being cuckolded by Carlo was a blow to the character's fate.  It is a shame that he was never paired with Anna, they would have been a formidable pair.  When Sarah returned was there mention if Neil was still alive?  Naming her baby after Micky was kind of a Neil erasure from history.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The WORST, most asinine story ever devised for Neil was when the writers devised a convoluted mess  about Neil Curtis not actually being Neil Curtis, but an imposter who had stolen his identity. Never mind that the "real" Neil's father had seen him and would have noticed something was amiss; a stranger passing himself off as his son. It was illogical, poorly thought out and total garbage...and then abruptly dropped. Neil became Neil once again, and no one ever mentioned him being the imposter ever again. The plot was just erased from history.

I do not recall anyone mentioning Neil in decades.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Maggie and Sarah had a conversation when Sarah first returned in which they implied that Neil had died.  Something about Neil being proud that she had become a doctor.  I remember being annoyed because they seemed to cancel out Mickey raising Sarah.

• Members

Even though Neil had an ever evolving backstory, from his time in South America with the Forenza family to his fathering of Sarah, "imposter Neil" was especially convoluted when you consider that Neil was a doctor in the 1970's and 80's.  Much like when OLTL Marco Dane impersonated his brother the doctor, or even when Samantha impersonated Marlena, pretending to be a medical professional before WebMD and Google seems like an unlikely feat to pull off.

Edited by j swift