DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not an actual date, but she first showed up when Marlena/Kristen were in the secret room.   She was looking for Susan because she got a weird message/phone call saying Susan was married to John.  Then Vivian and Ivan interacted with her in her convent because they thought she was Susan.

Thomas didn't show up until after everything was revealed and he/Susan/Sister Mary were trying to stop Kristen from stealing EJ in late 1997.

• Members

Here you go!

8055...6/6/97:

Cast: Alice, Austin, Carrie, Ivan, John, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira, Lucas, Maggie, Mike, Sami, Vivian, Will, Eliana, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira Body Double, Lodge Maid, Desk Clerk, Bellman, Designer, Nurse, Operator's Voice.

Sets: Carrie's Green Mountain Lodge Room & Corridor with Ext. Hot Tub Area, Will's Bedroom (Austin's), Austin's Apartment & Corridor, John & Kristen's Bedroom (DiMera), DiMera Wine Cellar & Secret Room, Vivian's Bedroom (Kiriakis), Corridor Outside Laura's Hospital Room, Street, Green Mountain Lodge Lobby & Exterior, DiMera Mansion & Exterior, Salem Airport.

Peggy Phillips created Susan in # 111. Susan appeared in 18 episodes before Bill Bell took over for # 168. So, without checking dates, this is most likely Bill.

• Members

Even in 1966 Denise Alexander was a bloody powerhouse. I’ve been watching GH 1977 Rick/Lesley on Youtube recently, and DA had a similar empowering energy to her as Lesley as she does here as Susan. Either way, so riveting to watch. 

• Members

It was devastating.  Denise Alexander hit it out of the park. I'll never forget the day she rushed into her son's hospital room after he had fallen off the swing, only to find his crib empty and the room cleared out. Realizing he had died, she started to shriek and sob in agony, as Tom Horton vainly tried to comfort her. I hate dead-baby storylines. It was hard to watch.

When Susan went on trial for shooting her husband, the producers of the show received a letter from a man who wrote (something like), "My wife is pregnant and needs her rest, but she can't sleep because she's so worried about what's happening to Susan Martin."

Fans were  very involved with this story, and I think it was one of the earliest ones that lured a large, devoted and emotionally-attached audience to the show. I never wanted to miss a single day. And I remember it vividly, several decades later.

• Members

It sounds riveting.  I really wish we could see this.  I would also love to see her early work on GH.  I’ve seen a lot of her once Monty arrived, but not nearly enough from before.

It’s pretty clear from the synopsis I have read that Bell loved writing for her.  I wonder why she never ended up on another one of his shows?