Jump to content

DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos


Recommended Posts

I would argue that Don was A-level in the mid-to-late 70s, both before and during the time he was paired with Marlena -- Jed Allan was somewhat of a fixture in those Daytime TV fan polls. But he was mostly an afterthought once he and Marlena broke up. I thought he had great chemistry with Suzanne Rogers for the brief time they were paired, and also with Ann-Marie Martin's Gwen Davies.

 

But yes, CC was such a great role for him, being fired by DAYS worked out for the best. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, teplin said:

I would argue that Don was A-level in the mid-to-late 70s, both before and during the time he was paired with Marlena -- Jed Allan was somewhat of a fixture in those Daytime TV fan polls. But he was mostly an afterthought once he and Marlena broke up. I thought he had great chemistry with Suzanne Rogers for the brief time they were paired, and also with Ann-Marie Martin's Gwen Davies.

 

But yes, CC was such a great role for him, being fired by DAYS worked out for the best. 

 

 

 

I don't think he was actually fired by Days just dropped to recurring and he chose to leave.  What ever happened to Gwen?  She was Marlena's roomate during the Strangler stuff and I don't remember anything that happened after.

I actually think Jed Allan had great chemistry with Suzanne.  It was probably her best pairing.  Which is blasphemous to say, but her and Mickey always bored me to tears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

DH's current wardrobe is atrocious with the plaid and ugly jackets, but SSH looks she's late for a canasta game at the community center.  I honestly had no idea DH and SSH were near the same age.  It makes it more clear they aged Julie way too early.   They always were two different generations to me.

 

It's weird because I know Don did stuff after he divorced Marlena, but I can't remember any of it.  Besides his romance with Maggie.  It's weird he was onscreen for a decade and all I can remember about him is that he was married to Marlena and his son died. 

C.C. Capwell was certainly the best thing that happened to him.

Not canasta at the Community Center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Not canasta at the Community Center.

 

Well either that or she's about to move to Miami and live out her golden years with Sophia, Rose, Blanche, and Dorthey.  She's a lovely lady, but Julie is portrayed as the grumpy grandma while Jarlena are still portrayed as a hot couple still getting it on lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Please register in order to view this content

Damn Gregg Marx was handsome lol

 

I know they burnt through a lot of story for David in just a few years, but he never should have been written out. I think there was still more that they could have done with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Damn Gregg Marx was handsome lol

 

I know they burnt through a lot of story for David in just a few years, but he never should have been written out. I think there was still more that they could have done with him.

 

Trish holding that gun is just so lol.   The least threatening thing ever.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carolineg said:

 

Trish holding that gun is just so lol.   The least threatening thing ever.  

I don't see it either lol

 

I wonder how Patty Weaver did with the multiple personalities storyline back in 1977. I wonder if she was able to pull it off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Franko said:

"I'm gonna blow you ... across the room!"

I would imagine that if Ron Carlivati had written that scene, he would have come up with a pun for Alex to say 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Damn Gregg Marx was handsome lol

 

I know they burnt through a lot of story for David in just a few years, but he never should have been written out. I think there was still more that they could have done with him.

It would be great to have David back. Gregg Marx is as handsome as ever. Unlike many of the characters on the canvas. David isn't played out. Would love to see David met his son and grandbabies. Kate would welcome him back to Salem. By sleeping with him. Maybe after more than 40 yrs. David & Valerie can find some happiness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking again at that photo of SSH, I notice that she's doing the old lady hunch forward. You know, if the wardrobe wasn't enough, I guess they really want to sell that this woman is clearly not a Millennial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

It would be great to have David back. Gregg Marx is as handsome as ever. Unlike many of the characters on the canvas. David isn't played out. Would love to see David met his son and grandbabies. Kate would welcome him back to Salem. By sleeping with him. Maybe after more than 40 yrs. David & Valerie can find some happiness. 

That would actually be a smart thing to do.

 

They could say that David faked his death because he had gotten into trouble or something. It would be nice for David to finally meet his son. They could even bring back Scotty and have him finally meet his brother.

 

I haven't seen any of Gregg Marx's work, but I'm sure he still has a lot of appeal

Edited by AbcNbc247
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Damn Gregg Marx was handsome lol

I love this commercial from his pre-DAYS days...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 42

      Days Renewed for 2 years!

    2. 32,728

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    3. 44

      Days: May 2021 Discussion Thread

    4. 21

      B&B May 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy