DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I, too, dealt with a wolf in sheep's clothing - and from my church. Thankfully, he wasn't clergy or in any other position of power - just a fellow congregant. But I sure know the feelings of shame and guilt that go along with it.

Maybe JER had a similar experience and it managed to permeate his writing. If so, it would make a lot of sense. But what is other writers/producers/execs' excuse???

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, I'm so sorry for you, DaysFanatic and Amy, and the traumas you've had to face.  God bless you both for surviving and feeling strong enough to share such personal, painful memories with us.  #hugs

• Members

Dude, it made me stronger.  I'm fine now.

The funny thing is, when I told my parents I was bisexual, they blamed it on that.  That had NOTHING to do with it.  My great-grandfather left his wife for a man.  It's genetic. 

When it comes to my "loving" parents, they spent most of their careers ignoring my pain to get ahead.  

Religion isn't the killer, man.  It's greed. 

Now I am married to a woman and in an open relationship....she is a lot like me.  

It's not conventional, but I give no f#cks about what anyone may think.  

• Members

Bro, I am already wasted!  Comon' if you are close enough! 

I live in the Rocket City (Huntsville, Alabama)....A bastion of reason in the cotton states.  

I'll admit it, this is a great place to live!!!  I have resided in 14 states, from California to Virginia.  Huntsville is an incredible place to live, shockingly.  I thought I would hate it here.  

No one that actually lives here is from this area, Praise the name of Jesus!  

Man, it doesn't matter.  You do what you do, and let the haters hate.

It's sad that we have to recognize the fact that people want to enforce their views into a private bedroom in 2019.  They need therapy, and some effective shock treatment.  

Why should anyone care about something so private?  

I Know Why!!!  I grew up in it!!!

Fanatical religion is a way to control things they do not understand, and they are afraid. 

That's their problem, I'll f#ck who I want to f#ck. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

to all of this!

I'm in Florida so not a huge leap from 'Bama  Glad to hear it about Huntsville! I've personally never desired to visit Alabama for a number of reasons, but I feel like I've always heard good things about Huntsville.

I have a lot to say on the matter of folks who seem so bothered by who is doing who in their own private bedroom ... but I'm in a pretty good mood today so I'll sip my coffee and check back in a little later  

• Members

Actually, I think he was, Amy.  If there was any backlash against Jack and Jennifer's relationship, however, it was minimal.  Believe it or not, I think DAYS did a good job (comparatively speaking, of course) of redeeming Jack after Kayla's rape.

• Members

I did read somewhere that one of the early Jacks (two guys played the role briefly before Matt Ashford came in) treated Mary Beth Evans horribly - either verbal or physical (maybe both) sexual harassment. Stephen Nichols and Drake Hogestyn took exception to this and were very protective of MBE. The guy was fired in short order, and to my knowledge, never heard from again in the show biz world.

• Members

Yeah that would have been a good time to reintroduce the Hortons. I think the show cared about Nathan around this time. It felt like they were invested in him. Didn't he get Tom or Bill's medical bag or something? His exit was abrupt, around the same time Stephanie and Philip were written off when SH and JKJ left. Though Stephanie didn't really get an exit. Her last scene was at the Brady Pub warning Dario (the new flashy guy!) to stay away from Melanie. The Nathan actor was fired and he whined and tried to drum up support for a return, and during the MarDar "reboot" in Fall 2011 (when John, Marlena, Austin, Carrie and Jack came back) he leaked a "rumor" that Nathan was coming back too, LOL!

Anyway, I'm currently watching episodes from 1994 as I'm adding them to my playlist (link at the end of this post if anyone is interested).
I haven't reached Tom's death and funeral yet but I like how JER had already given the Hortons more focus again. He brought back Laura, Bill and Mike all within a few months. This is the first time I'm watching full episodes from 1994 since I originally watched them back in 1998 and I thought Bill just returned for a couple of episodes during the Lucas reveal. It's been a pleasant surprise to have him around for a longer stay. I'm enjoying his presence in Salem and his interactions with Laura, Jennifer, Alice and Kate. So sad Christopher Stone died a year later at such an early age.

1994 playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgE6kU-2lps2mT7c3_EsOFjtEhz3EFMz8

• Members

Thanks for the playlist. I've been watching a private playlist. But I really enjoy 1994. I loved how JER brought back Laura, Bill and Mike. I too thought Bill was just around for the reveal but it was nice he stuck around longer.

And yeah around 2010 they seemed invested in Nathan. Bill gave him the medical bag, I believe. Would have been nicer if Nathan were Jeremy at the time ... (and Trevor Donovan's Jeremy never stood a chance with the awful writing, I was turned off instantly, and I like Donovan now a lot). I also thought it was a missed opportunity not to use Nick Fallon to re-introduce Marie (at least we saw Jessica for a hot minute in 2012!)

Now it feels like almost too much time has passed and it would feel weird to just plop, say Marie, back onto the show. And I know the show has literally no budget but I also always thought it was a mistake not to try and bring a few back every year at least for the Ornament hanging at Christmas ...

Sony blows