DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have really enjoyed Stefano's amnesia storyline and his friendship with Marlena developing. The beats were all played and well done, and the Hall/Mascolo chemistry is great.

Mascolo also turned in a marvelous performance: Basically playing a different character and making him interesting, and as he at times regained memories/his self, merging the two characters brilliantly and effortlessly. You don't see acting like this on soaps anymore.

Now that he's regained his memory and lying to Marlena, there was a brilliant moment where she turned down his dinner invitation so she can be with John and Mascolo managed to showcase psychotic anger in the eyes but without being too obvious about it. Marvelous work.

• Members

Ooh, you're right in the thick of my favorite era, around January 1996. 

P.S. Where are you watching these?  The Youtube Jarlenafan (or something) used to have the entire Aremid storyline up until it was all yanked down. Would love to see it, as well full episodes of that time, again. 

• Members

So many good Days channels were taken down by Youtube. One channel had John and Marlena's entire story from Maison Blanche all the way to Kristen's departure in 1998 posted. And then one day, they were all gone.

I'm so glad that full episodes are being uploaded now just as long as they're considered unlisted.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was going to share this privately to people but the PM system still doesn't work so there's no point. It's an August 1980 episode that one of my favorite channels uploaded.

@jam6242 @JAS0N47 @vetsoapfan this is right after Julie got shot, so if it's new to you I hope you enjoy it.

https://archive.org/details/vcd1522120

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thank you very much for letting us know about this episode. I will be thrilled to watch the episode again, even though it is from the period when writer Nina Laemmle was absolutely butchering the show, LOL! Up until 1980, Laemmle was the single most destructive scribe DAYS had ever had. (Of course, little did viewers know that even WORSE was yet to come!)

• Members

Oh good. I hope you give us some of your comments. 

I was mostly glad to see Richard Guthrie's David was still there (I thought he'd gone by this time), and that I got to see Marie (I love Launa's Marie). And there is some good Doug and Julie melodrama at the end, even if poor SSH had to gasp like a seal. 

I can see why Gloria Loring was so popular with fans even as most of the new characters weren't - she has a real spark and a self-assurance about her, and clicks with Joe Gallison.

I didn't realize Don and Marlena were still together at this time either for some reason.

It made me sick seeing her having friendly talk with Kellam knowing he would go on to rape her. 

The one scene that really annoyed me was having Tom say he now knows how patients feel when by this point he'd already seen various friends and family linger in hospital beds for well over a decade. Just a stupid line. Thankfully Macdonald Carey and Frances Reid were as wonderful as always.

Ratings drop I think.

Glad you enjoyed it. That Archives channel has some other DAYS episodes too, but from later in the '80s and then into the '90s. This was so rare I was shocked to see it.