DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I genuinely forget. Did Phelice Sampler quit DAYS or was she fired? I suspect the latter because of the rumours she was hell to work with on set, but honestly, as much as her murder would make sense after this scene, I see so much more potential for her character. Her trying to exact revenge against Alex, and a long-term triangle between her, Tony and Anna would've been great to watch.

It also doesn't help that Renee's murder kicked off one of the dumbest serial killer storylines of all time and introduced the magical DiMera mask that alters people's heights, a trope we're still stuck with in 2019.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by beebs

• Members

It was the show's choice to kill Renee. Philece Sampler had not planned on leaving. I LOVED Renee because she could be so devilish at times and a true DiMera. I agree that the Renee/Tony/Anna triangle should have gone on for years. It was a great triangle. 

• Members

Who wrote that serial killer? Margaret De Priest?

I thought Philece was a very good actor on DOOL, which is somewhat odd because I didn't find her at all satisfactory on AW. She just couldn't live up to Anna Stuart's Donna Love Hudson! And, she was too young. That was when they did the story that intimated that she'd been with John Hudson, not Michael. And, they'd had her hold 3 pillows intimating that she'd had triplets. Adding Scott Lasalle to the mix of Vicky & Marley. I guess we have to blame the writing for a good bit of that.

Anyway, @AbcNbc247thanks for finding that clip. That was great viewing!

Edited by Donna B
Add content.

• Members

Anna Stuart's last scene being wheeled away on a gurney ( I think) was when the three pillows were grabbed. I thought Anna said later in interviews that it was something that she had just done and was nothing to do with the script. I thought she said she didn't realize it would cause such a stir. I may be wrong...but I don't think the "pillow scene" was ever intended, but yes, the show's writing was heading down the path that Scott would turn out to be Donna's child and then Anna decided to leave. I think it was changed after that. 

Yes, Philece was not a good choice to take over for Donna but her portrayal of a cold Renee was great! I wish we could have seen more how Renee would have interacted with Stefano. She could have been the Kristen-type before Kristen. 

• Members

I've heard about for years. I'm so glad somebody finally posted it.

You're welcome. And yes, it was Margaret DePriest, co-writing with Sheri Anderson. It seemed MD was a big fan of serial killer storylines.

Well, I'm pretty sure Days was the first to do a mask storyline, so you did got to give a shout out to Ron for mining that history. But yeah, the whole idea is pretty stupid lol. I know all soaps insult viewers intelligence but a mask storyline definitely takes it too far.

I wish more of Renee and the triangle were available to see.

• Members

"RENEE DIMERA HAS SURVIVED!  AND NONE OF YOU -- I MEAN NONE OF YOU -- ARE EVER GONNA HURT ME AGAIN!!"

She was right.  Nobody in that room ever hurt her again, lol!

I don't understand why everyone felt compelled to stay there and listen to her, though.  She wasn't detaining anyone.  Just walk out the [!@#$%^&*] door, people.

It's interesting that with all the characters DAYS has brought back from the dead over the years, Renee DiMera is one who has STAYED dead.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Tbh, I think it was just writers not doing their homework, not studying the history of the show. How many people working on the show probably didn't even know that Stefano had not one but two daughters in the early 80's.

Some regimes were more concerned with creating new characters who turn out to be Stefano's long lost children.

I always felt like EJ should have been Renee's long lost son. Instead of SORAS-ing the hell out of Susan's son with Stefano, he could have been Stefano's grandson and they could have had EJ torn between his loyalty to Stefano and his love for the mother that he never knew, whose murder was the result of Stefano's schemes. Plus, that would have put him roughly around the same age as Sami

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Me, too!

Oh, yeah. MdP was really into serial killers and rapists! First at DOOL & then at AW.

Yes, I wish we had  more of Renee with them.

Um, that's uh, Megan & Renee, right?

That would have made for an interesting EJ. And, for the most part I found EJ to be bor-ing.

I gotta watch this again. Just got home. ... More! More!