October 4-8, 2010

Toups

• Members

I think Carolyn is right that the war is the best soap out there. That's the true problem; if something remotely interesting was actually happening on screen, we'd be talking about that instead of the his back-stage BS.

I think OLTL is a complete pile of [!@#$%^&*] right now but it's MY pile of [!@#$%^&*]. I've been watching it since 91 and want the best for it, even when it doesn't deserve it. So I'm happy they got a bump in W 18-49, even if its for a week, and hope that all six shows saw an increase.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DOOL is dying. They already started all their big fall stories and it seems not even one caught viewers attention. It´s just more and more people tuning out each week. And with how much they are ahead and how hard is to stear that ship they cannot make any substantial changes atleast till spring, so both sweeps period are already dead for them.

Not good when at March should NBC once again decide the show´s fate. The budget is their saving point, but I´m rather not even trying to imagine what more they could cut. And with these terrible and constant falling numbers I have no doubt NBC will not renew them until some more cost cutting is done.

• Members

If not for some of the posters here and elsewhere who watch and comment on OLTL, and the fantastic Youtube channels which have OLTL goodies of the past, I'm not sure how interested I'd be. I love Dorian and admire Erika Slezak and there are some other good moments here and there, but the show is just a mess and has been for a long time.

I know this will seem like a "war" again, and I apologize in advance for that, but I do find it amusing that Kim Zimmer, as polarizing and out of date as she is, and as underpromoted as her return was, might have helped OLTL's ratings more than the endlessly hyped VMG return to GH has helped their ratings.

• Members

Poor DAYS.

These ratings aren't promising, but I honestly can't find any difference between this Fall and this past Spring as far as stories go. Its still pretty dull and unimaginative. I'm still kinda hanging on thanks to Soapnet, but nothing is catching my attention enough to tune in daily.

• Members

So true.

Sami and EJ have been in the same story for years, it is so sad. They should have had Arianna and EJ get together months ago, when he was representing her for the muggings. But no, they had to force EJami together just to blow it apart 2 months later. They have tried to make it the A-story, but nobody is interested in seeing two guys fight over Sami Brady of all people, she needs a stable relationship with Rafe, new story, and more character interactions.

IMO, the rest of the show is quite good but the pacing for the Chloe saga has been horrible.

All of the Kiriakis drama and Hope's prison drama has been okay, but the show is still choppy and boring.

• Administrator

Kreizman and Swajeski have to be worried. Their contract cycle is coming up in November and show's demos have been horrible for months.

DAYS is just boring. At least with OLTL, it's bad, but there's some action (even though it makes no sense LOL) so it's not totally boring.

Archived